XP Home & Remote Descktop

I've just installed a netgear DG834B asdl/router. I have a desktop and laptop
connected wirelessly. I was wondering how and if I can use the remote
desktop, or do they both have to be on a proper network. They are connected
to the router but not to eachother.
Any help would be great
Thank you
Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about home remote descktop

    Zneet wrote:
    > I've just installed a netgear DG834B asdl/router. I have a desktop
    > and laptop connected wirelessly. I was wondering how and if I can use
    > the remote desktop, or do they both have to be on a proper network.
    > They are connected to the router but not to eachother.
    > Any help would be great

    Home only has Remote Assistance - no Remote Desktop.
    You can either upgrade to Windows XP Professional or use something free like
    UltraVNC.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP