XP Home & Remote Descktop

September 15, 2005 12:25:07 PM

I've just installed a netgear DG834B asdl/router. I have a desktop and laptop
connected wirelessly. I was wondering how and if I can use the remote
desktop, or do they both have to be on a proper network. They are connected
to the router but not to eachother.
Any help would be great
Thank you
Paul

More about : home remote descktop

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:24:10 PM

Zneet wrote:
> I've just installed a netgear DG834B asdl/router. I have a desktop
> and laptop connected wirelessly. I was wondering how and if I can use
> the remote desktop, or do they both have to be on a proper network.
> They are connected to the router but not to eachother.
> Any help would be great

Home only has Remote Assistance - no Remote Desktop.
You can either upgrade to Windows XP Professional or use something free like
UltraVNC.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP