Unable to log on because of account restrictions

September 18, 2005 11:00:42 PM

I had to reinstall xp pro
before the reinstall I had remote access working
now when I log on I recive this message "Unable to log on because of account
restrictions"
Please hep
Thanks

More about : unable log account restrictions

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:23:32 PM

microsoft wrote:
> I had to reinstall xp pro
> before the reinstall I had remote access working
> now when I log on I recive this message "Unable to log on because of
> account restrictions"

Is the account you are trying to use remotely:

- A member of the Administrators group or a member of the Remote Desktop
Users Group?
- Password protected?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Is the account your trying to log in with an administrator account or a
member of the Remote Desktop Users group *AND* have a password?

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"microsoft" <m@mto.com> wrote in message
news:o jzVk0KvFHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I had to reinstall xp pro
> before the reinstall I had remote access working
> now when I log on I recive this message "Unable to log on because of
> account restrictions"
> Please hep
> Thanks

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:36:00 PM

Not that I know of I didn't do it on purpose.
What do I look for
Thanks