Forum won't let you post the word U - N - I - 0 - N

Seems like a purpose based restriction, but the frustration factor when you don't understand what's wrong (thought, did I put a foul word in my post?). Check it out;

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Crossfire-SLi-scope-TTR-ftopict169310.html

I think that 'glitch' is ridiculous, and I'm not even a member of our local !!
12 answers Last reply
More about forum post word
  1. Heh heh.

Yeah.

That's just freaky.

You can't post anything with the word union in it. If you do, you get the following error:

Fortunately at least the usual bypass methods still work. :wink:
  2. Interesting. Not only does it block the word union, but it also blocks larger words that contain this, such as comunion. I hope no one is Catholic! :lol:
  3. Well, further experimentation shows that uni, ion, nion, and unio all work. So it really is the use of the full word union that breaks things.

And if you edit a safe post putting, adding union into it, it also craps out. So it's not just in creating new posts, but editing as well.
  4. u nion is a keyword that script kiddies use to inject stuff into mysql. So it is a no-no word. Just put a space in between and u be fine. :wink:
  5. I will look into other ways of taking care of it without causing an error like the current way it is done.
  6. That's crazy 8O
  7. fixed.
  8. union union union unionunion
  9. onion, what onion?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. You know .......the one on my breath... :oops:
  11. Quote:
    u nion is a keyword that script kiddies use to inject stuff into mysql. So it is a no-no word. Just put a space in between and u be fine. :wink:

As a card carrying member of a local Teamsters Union i advise you to get this fixed....

We union types may work slowly but dont mess around with our organizations.

:wink: :wink:
  12. Onion ... no problem for me ... :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Site Bug Reports Tom's Hardware