Offline files config

Hi there,

I have got this working for users in the past but being a little rusty, i
seem to be having problems setting Offline files up on my own laptop!
I do everything how (I think) it should be done, and how it is described on
MS KB but the problem I have is it seems to just make all files available
offline but does not keep any subfolder structure (even thou I select files &
folders option).
Any suggestions?

Please e-mail it_girrrl@yahoo.co.uk
1 answer Last reply
More about offline files config

    Phoenix,

    Offline Files will not maintain the folder structure. By default it just
    stores them in the offline files folder but maintains a pointer to the
    subdirectory they should be in. This used to bother me, until I relized I
    should use the offline files folder.

    Use the drive or file as if you were "online". For example if you've mapped
    U: to a server and made the files available offline, you'll see the special
    offline or synchronization shortcut icon. Whe you go off line, navigate to
    U:. You'll see your entire folder structure. Even though you're not connected
    to the server it will display the files/folders that have been stored in the
    Offline Files folder as if you were.

    Reply back if you need further explanation,

    Thanks,
    -Tim

    "PHOENIX" wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have got this working for users in the past but being a little rusty, i
    > seem to be having problems setting Offline files up on my own laptop!
    > I do everything how (I think) it should be done, and how it is described on
    > MS KB but the problem I have is it seems to just make all files available
    > offline but does not keep any subfolder structure (even thou I select files &
    > folders option).
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Please e-mail it_girrrl@yahoo.co.uk

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP