Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I just installed CS source via steam and all seems great,, except I
get no sound at all!

I can alt-tab out of the game and I got normal windows sounds..

Web searching found 1 old post where someone suggested setting voice
enable to 1.
I found this setting in C:\Program
Files\Steam\SteamApps\tonyk1\counter-strike
source\cstrike\cfg\config.cfg and it's already set to 1

WinXP Pro SPack1
SB LIve Value
DX 9.0c
1.2ghz Tbird cpu (oc to 1.3 whoop)

Dod plays fine..

(Scares me because if the cs source (based on hl2 source) is doing
this, will I have the same problem in HL2 when it is officially
released??

Any Suggestions??

Tony!

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I had a sound problem with crackling noises as I approached the grass banks.
I went into DX settings and turned down the hardware sound acceleration to
standard which solved my problem.
Give it a go.

Warty
Also SB2 Live

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I just installed CS source via steam and all seems great,, except I
> get no sound at all!
>
> I can alt-tab out of the game and I got normal windows sounds..
>
> Web searching found 1 old post where someone suggested setting voice
> enable to 1.
> I found this setting in C:\Program
> Files\Steam\SteamApps\tonyk1\counter-strike
> source\cstrike\cfg\config.cfg and it's already set to 1
>

> WinXP Pro SPack1
> SB LIve Value
> DX 9.0c
> 1.2ghz Tbird cpu (oc to 1.3 whoop)
>
> Dod plays fine..
>
> (Scares me because if the cs source (based on hl2 source) is doing
> this, will I have the same problem in HL2 when it is officially
> released??
>
> Any Suggestions??
>
> Tony!

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I have an sblive5.1 and i had to change to 2.0 to get sound..

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I just installed CS source via steam and all seems great,, except I
> get no sound at all!
>
> I can alt-tab out of the game and I got normal windows sounds..
>
> Web searching found 1 old post where someone suggested setting voice
> enable to 1.
> I found this setting in C:\Program
> Files\Steam\SteamApps\tonyk1\counter-strike
> source\cstrike\cfg\config.cfg and it's already set to 1
>

> WinXP Pro SPack1
> SB LIve Value
> DX 9.0c
> 1.2ghz Tbird cpu (oc to 1.3 whoop)
>
> Dod plays fine..
>
> (Scares me because if the cs source (based on hl2 source) is doing
> this, will I have the same problem in HL2 when it is officially
> released??
>
> Any Suggestions??
>
> Tony!

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

That's what I found out also!

Altho I had to change it to Headphones to hear anything, then up to
2.0.

Trying to go to 4 from there resulted in no sound again. Going back to
2.0, still no sound.. Have to go to headphones, then up to 2.0

Weird bug! Hope it doesn't do this in HL2

Thanks for the replies :)

Tony!

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:18:02 +0100, "smeggedd" <smeggedd@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have an sblive5.1 and i had to change to 2.0 to get sound..
>
>"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> I just installed CS source via steam and all seems great,, except I
>> get no sound at all!
>>
>> I can alt-tab out of the game and I got normal windows sounds..
>>
>> Web searching found 1 old post where someone suggested setting voice
>> enable to 1.
>> I found this setting in C:\Program
>> Files\Steam\SteamApps\tonyk1\counter-strike
>> source\cstrike\cfg\config.cfg and it's already set to 1
>>

>> WinXP Pro SPack1
>> SB LIve Value
>> DX 9.0c
>> 1.2ghz Tbird cpu (oc to 1.3 whoop)
>>
>> Dod plays fine..
>>
>> (Scares me because if the cs source (based on hl2 source) is doing
>> this, will I have the same problem in HL2 when it is officially
>> released??
>>
>> Any Suggestions??
>>
>> Tony!

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Have you tried updating your sound card drivers and directx?