Shared Folder deleting

September 22, 2005 5:12:01 AM

Hi all,
I am working on a shared folder on a win Xp network.

Now, I know that if I delete a shared folder file from a remote PC it won't
go in any recycle bin, not the remote Pc's nor in the server's and this is ok.

But why, when working on the server itself, the deleted file (always from
the shared folder) will NOT go in the recylce bin of the server? After all in
this case I am working on a local file, not a remote one.
Anybody can help?
Ciao Sylvia

More about : shared folder deleting

January 15, 2006 8:20:59 PM

When you go to delete a file, are you doing from the C drive or from a mapped netork drive?
!