Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 not genuine issue

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 10, 2011 8:22:08 PM

Why did I get "this copy of Win 7 is not genuine?" I'm 86 yrs old what should i do?

More about : win genuine issue

January 10, 2011 8:33:34 PM

Where did you get the copy of windows? Is it legal? more info please...
m
l
a c 418 $ Windows 7
January 10, 2011 8:49:36 PM

Someone must have installed a blacklisted key on your computer!This happens with alot of keys bought and sold on ebay and other sites illegally!
m
l
Related resources
a c 418 $ Windows 7
January 10, 2011 8:50:01 PM

Who installed this for you?
m
l
January 16, 2011 11:07:37 PM

I bought it from HP to replace the corrupted VISTA that came with the computre. The problem was that I did a clean install with an Upgrade product. A few hours on the phone with Microsoft Tech Support fixed the problem.
Frankly I wish I had stuck with reloading the VISTA - after years using Outlook Express I am lost without it!. I bought a copy Of MS Office from Staples because the guy told me it had a mail program. All it did was take me back to Hotmail which I already had. Thanks to all for their help! Capn Gene
m
l
January 16, 2011 11:18:44 PM

Although you cannot get Outlook Express back (it's not available for Windows 7), Microsoft still do a free email program that works pretty much the same. It's called Windows Live Mail and it's part of Live Essentials. Download it from here: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail?os=other and give it a try. If it doesn't work out for you, at least it was free so you haven't lost anything! :) 
m
l
!