Remote Assistance - A program could not start error message

September 25, 2005 5:36:04 PM

I am new at trying to use Remote Assistance. When I try to send an
invitation to start a RA session, I get a dialogue box that says "A program
could not start. Please try again". Anybody got any idea what program it is
talking about?

When I go into the "Advanced System Information" and then choose "View the
error log", it tells me that the WmiAdapter "Open of service failed".

In the Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services page the services
Windows Management Instrumentation is set to Auto, and the WMI Performance
Adapter is set to Manual.
--
Gator
January 2, 2009 11:41:28 PM

Finally...all day working on this....but i finally figured it out..i think. While i've gone thru every other step listed on every website and forum out on the web...the trick that finally made this work for me was to ENABLE "TERMINAL SERVICES."

from a command prompt: services.msc
Under "SERVICES" find TERMINAL SERVICES, rt click it, properties and then choose STARTUP TYPE as AUTOMATIC and then START the service...this finally did it for me...hope this helps!! cpb