Remote Desktop Access

Since I installed Micosoft Office 2003 (Student and Teacher Edition), My wife
has been unable to access her office desktop from home. We always get the
message that states "Client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote
connections might not be enabled or computer might bee too busy to accept new
connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your
connections. Please try again later. If the problem continues to occur,
contact your administrator."
There are three people who work there, and she is the only one who uses
remote access. She is the system administrator. She swears that the
connection at work hasn't changed. What could the problem be, and how do I
fix it.
Thanks,
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop access

    This page has troubleshooting help...

    Make sure you test over the local office LAN first to determine if RD is
    setup correctly.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    "apatterson16" <apatterson16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Since I installed Micosoft Office 2003 (Student and Teacher Edition), My
    > wife
    > has been unable to access her office desktop from home. We always get the
    > message that states "Client could not connect to the remote computer.
    > Remote
    > connections might not be enabled or computer might bee too busy to accept
    > new
    > connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your
    > connections. Please try again later. If the problem continues to occur,
    > contact your administrator."
    > There are three people who work there, and she is the only one who uses
    > remote access. She is the system administrator. She swears that the
    > connection at work hasn't changed. What could the problem be, and how do I
    > fix it.
    > Thanks,
  2. I have a similar issue. I have five computers at work that are all set up to allow remote desktop, all using custom rdp ports and the router was set up accordingly.

    Of the five desktops I could only connect to one of them from the WAN side, the others I could not connect to. Canyouseeme.org should that the one computer I could connect to had it's port open but the others did not, even though the other computers were set up on the router the same way. I could connect to all computers from the LAN side with no problems but to be sure I also completely disabled windows firewall and uninstalled any of symantecs security software.

    Still a no go. I then decided to format on of the non working computers and start from scratch (since I wasn't the one who originally set them up I didn't know what the previous admin might have enabled/disabled).

    After configuring the new computer I can now connect to it via the internet.
    Lesson learned? I have no idea. I'll be formatting another computer soon and if that works then I will be really dumbfounded.
  3. So I formatted and reinstalled windows on another machine today and guess what? I now have access to that machine remotely too.

    Again, since I wasn't the original installer I'm not sure what the issue was but now I know that what I'm doing is correct.

Remote Desktop Computers Office Windows XP