8 PCI slots?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Are there are motherboards that have 8 PCI slots?

Thanks!
-larry

On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:17:28 -0700, Larry Martell wrote:

> Are there are motherboards that have 8 PCI slots?

Not that I've heard of, but I think you can buy an add-on chassis for more.
Here's one place of many found with a quick yahoo search.

http://www.mobl.com/expansion/pci/index.html

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Use a industrial solution with a backplane and PICMG Single Board Computer,
check the following links.

PICMG SBC from Nexcom:
http://www.nexcom.com.tw/0330/NexWeb/WebEN/WebGrp.aspx?GrpIDX=52000029

Backplane from Portwell:
http://www.portwell.com/bpicmg.htm#acti-14aa

You can combine the different backplanes and SBC from the different vendors.
Other players in that market are Advantech, IEI (ICP) etc.

You can get solutions for PIII, P4, dual XEON, Pentium M
Normally the solutions are build into 19" rack systems, but you can also use
standard ATX tower chassis, but be aware that the SBC is full lenght. Check
if it fits before purchase.

BR / Jorgen