Multi-floor wireless home network

I've recently installed a couple of wireless networks using satellite
connection, pretty standard stuff. Now I have a request to install one where
the satellite comes into the basement level; owner wants wireless access to
go up 2 more levels, maybe three. Will using a wireless bridge make that work?

Thanks for any info.

House or office? How many square meters/feet? Can you install one AP per
floor and wire each into a switch?
You can also install wireless repeaters to boost signal and provide service
to clients. Check with your hardware manufacturers site to see what
products they offer. I've been eyeballing this set for my apartment
(cement walls)...
http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=111499
or the set:
http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/WRBG54K.html

Wireless Bridge is meant to connect two network segments, but not to provide
service to clients.
--
HTH,
=d=

Dana Brash
MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA

dbrash@NOSPAM.gmail.com

"GrammyBanshee" <GrammyBanshee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've recently installed a couple of wireless networks using satellite
> connection, pretty standard stuff. Now I have a request to install one
where
> the satellite comes into the basement level; owner wants wireless access
> go up 2 more levels, maybe three. Will using a wireless bridge make that
work?

> Thanks for any info.

Malke

Dana Brash wrote:

> House or office? How many square meters/feet? Can you install one AP
> per floor and wire each into a switch?
> You can also install wireless repeaters to boost signal and provide
> service
> to clients. Check with your hardware manufacturers site to see what
> products they offer. I've been eyeballing this set for my apartment
> (cement walls)...
> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=111499
> or the set:
> http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/WRBG54K.html
>

> Wireless Bridge is meant to connect two network segments, but not to
> provide service to clients.

Just wanted to add to your good post: we bought some Buffalotech access
points for our school lab and they are really good. They got a great
review on Tom's Hardware, and our experience with them is excellent.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers