Logitech

Ever since i loaded the microsoft service pack on my
laptop, none of my USB ports work. My mice is connected
but changes its functions whenever it feels like it
(logitech cordless mouse)!
Does anyone else have similar problems and if so do you
know how to get my USB ports working again!!! I have 5 for
the reason of necessity and i cannot use any of them at
the moment.

Thanks

peter

Hi,

First, disconnect all the USB devices including the wireless mouse, use a PS/2 mouse at this moment.
Boot in safe mode and login in as administrator.
Go to device manager, double click the Universal Serial Bus Controller.
Right click on XXX PCI to USB Open Host Controller and select uninstall, click Apply and OK.
If you have USB 2.0, uninstall the XXX PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller as well.
Reboot the machine. Windows should find the new hardware and install the USB drivers (assuming you have installed SP1 or SP1a)
Install the Logitech Cordless mouse drivers.
Replug the cordless mouse, windows should find it and install the proper drivers.
Re-connect the USB devices each at one time, ensure the USB device is working properly before connecting the others.

Hope it helps.

Peter