running too many programs

when i start up my pc ,running too many programs,noticed
it by pressing ctrl,alt,and del cant tell what they are,
been told there are too many dont no what to do please
help

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Go to Start/Run type this command msconfig and press
enter.Click on Startup Items and from here you can untick
your various applications that are in start up.This will
take them out of startup.This will also boost your PC
speed a bit.

Check www.blackviper.com to find details about what you need
and what can be turned off. You can disable processes and
stop unneeded programs from starting. But "too many" is a
relative thing, what do you do with the computer, many
different processes are needed for the computer to work and
run the anti-virus, CD-RW/DVD-RW drives and other programs
you may want or need.