running too many programs

when i start up my pc ,running too many programs,noticed
it by pressing ctrl,alt,and del cant tell what they are,
been told there are too many dont no what to do please
help
2 answers Last reply
More about running programs

    Go to Start/Run type this command msconfig and press
    enter.Click on Startup Items and from here you can untick
    your various applications that are in start up.This will
    take them out of startup.This will also boost your PC
    speed a bit.

    Check www.blackviper.com to find details about what you need
    and what can be turned off. You can disable processes and
    stop unneeded programs from starting. But "too many" is a
    relative thing, what do you do with the computer, many
    different processes are needed for the computer to work and
    run the anti-virus, CD-RW/DVD-RW drives and other programs
    you may want or need.

    "ue" <pns@wilson0114.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
    | when i start up my pc ,running too many programs,noticed
    | it by pressing ctrl,alt,and del cant tell what they are,
    | been told there are too many dont no what to do please
    | help

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP