how do I add maps to the mapcycle in counter-stike 1.6. I've read that all
you have to do is put maps in the maps folder under
steamapps\username\counter-strike\cstrike but it doesn't pick them up weven
when I maually add them to the mapcycle.txt file.

jedihermit@jedihermit.com wrote:
> how do I add maps to the mapcycle in counter-stike 1.6. I've read
> that all you have to do is put maps in the maps folder under
> steamapps\username\counter-strike\cstrike but it doesn't pick them up
> weven when I maually add them to the mapcycle.txt file.

steamapps\<username>\counter-strike\cstrike\maps

mine works when I use the server tool that comes with 1.6 to configure it.
Usually at LANs we get sick of the map (and me changing the gravity) before
it finishes anyway.