Unable to Startup DFI Lanparty UT nf4 - SLI-D

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Hello,

I am not able to startup a brandnew DFI Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-D
Mainboard and I am at a total loss. I would greatly appreciate any
help.

I have stripped the system of any unnecessary peripherals and it
contains now:
- MoBo
- Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, boxed)
- 2 memory sticks (Corsair XMS 512 MB)
- Enermax PSU, ATX12V (600W)
- Gainward GF 6800 Ultra

1) I connected all the components and try to startup the system.
-> All Fans are buzzing
2) Nothing else happens (nothing, nada): No VGA signal, no speeker
beep, nothing.

The 4 Diagnostic LEDs of the Mobo are all on (red) which is supposed
to indicate that the CPU cannot be detected.

Does anybody know what might cause this problem??? is the mainboard or
CPU defective? Does the MoBo not operate with the Venice-Core???

Regards,
crashes

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:37:07 -0700, crashes wrote:

> I am not able to startup a brandnew DFI Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-D
> Mainboard and I am at a total loss. I would greatly appreciate any
> help.
>
> I have stripped the system of any unnecessary peripherals and it
> contains now:
> - MoBo
> - Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, boxed)
> - 2 memory sticks (Corsair XMS 512 MB)
> - Enermax PSU, ATX12V (600W)
> - Gainward GF 6800 Ultra
>
> 1) I connected all the components and try to startup the system.
> -> All Fans are buzzing
> 2) Nothing else happens (nothing, nada): No VGA signal, no speeker
> beep, nothing.
>
> The 4 Diagnostic LEDs of the Mobo are all on (red) which is supposed
> to indicate that the CPU cannot be detected.
>
> Does anybody know what might cause this problem??? is the mainboard or
> CPU defective? Does the MoBo not operate with the Venice-Core???

Is the MB mounted in the case? If so, take it out and try it. Could be
shorted somewhere in case. You don't need a mouse or keyboard for it to
post either.