Nec 870 laser repair source?

I'm looking for places that might repair my Nec 870 laser which has been
magnificient until lately - its emits a loud shrieking squeak - as it
continues to print on. I need to have a Dos printer ... so it may be
cheaper to repair than replace as it has otherwise been lightly used. ...
less than 10k print copies.
thanks!

ronaries wrote:
> I'm looking for places that might repair my Nec 870 laser which has been
> magnificient until lately - its emits a loud shrieking squeak - as it
> continues to print on. I need to have a Dos printer ... so it may be
> cheaper to repair than replace as it has otherwise been lightly used. ...
> less than 10k print copies.
> thanks!

You might begin by trying these folks.

http://www.laserlogiconline.com/maintenance.html

The loud squeaking noise could be some worn rollers, perhaps in the exit
mechanism.

When you print one sheet, or just a test page, at what point in the
printing does the noise begin and end? Any repair person will ask you that.

Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.