BEFW11S4 and WMP11 wireless devices don't see each other!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 16, 2004 11:13:01 AM

BEFW11S4 and WMP11 wireless devices don't see each other!

Hello-

I have an interesting problem with my wireless network. I have the
BEFW11S4 Linksys wireless router. It works great. My laptop (having
a built in wireless card) connects to it just fine. Another laptop
with a PCMCIA card connects just fine. Both of those computers are
running XP SP1. I'm using a 64 bit WEP key as well.

I installed the Linksys WMP11 in a desktop computer. It sort of
works. I say that because it sees two wireless networks... That
aren't mine! It is seeing my neighbors unencripted networks. It will
even connect to them just fine. But it won't even SEE my network,
which is 6 feet away!

I removed the WEP key temporarily, thinking that might have somthing
to do with it. Nope, it still won't see my network. I was running
SP2 on this computer, so thinking this was the problem, I wiped the
computer and started over. Still no luck.

So why can't I even SEE my network? Any ideas??? Please help!

Thanks!

Carl Sundermann
carlsunder@gmail.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 14, 2005 6:28:41 PM

Are you broadcasting your SSID or do you have it disabled? If it is disabled
you will not see it on available networks list. Add the name of your router
to your prefered networks list and hit connect. See if that helps.