Anybody Know How to Clean a Mouse?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I'm talking about the outside shell, not the innards. You know, the
yellowish tint that develops over time, at least on my MS Intellimouse?

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

DJ

I clean my mouse with alcohol and it does a great job. I use a mans
handkerchief and put a small amount of alcohol at a time on it and wipe
away. It dries quick and does a nice job.
Donna J.

"Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> I'm talking about the outside shell, not the innards. You know, the
> yellowish tint that develops over time, at least on my MS Intellimouse?
>
> Any ideas or solutions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rick

The "yellowish tint" needs to be removed by a cream cleanser because the
tint is starting to be "absorbed" by the plastic.

"DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message
> I clean my mouse with alcohol and it does a great job. I use a mans
> handkerchief and put a small amount of alcohol at a time on it and wipe
> away. It dries quick and does a nice job.
> Donna J.
>
> "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> > I'm talking about the outside shell, not the innards. You know, the
> > yellowish tint that develops over time, at least on my MS Intellimouse?
> >
> > Any ideas or solutions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Rick

Try 400 and 600 grit wet/dry paper or a 3M woven pad.

| The "yellowish tint" needs to be removed by a cream
cleanser because the
| tint is starting to be "absorbed" by the plastic.
|

| "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

| > I clean my mouse with alcohol and it does a great job.
I use a mans
| > handkerchief and put a small amount of alcohol at a time
on it and wipe
| > away. It dries quick and does a nice job.
| > Donna J.
| >
| > "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
| > > I'm talking about the outside shell, not the innards.
You know, the
| > > yellowish tint that develops over time, at least on my
MS Intellimouse?

| > > Any ideas or solutions?
| > >
| > > Thanks in advance,
| > > Rick

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

So...do I mix alcohol with a cream cleanser and apply it with a 3M woven pad
<g>?

Seriously, you guys (Donna included) are great...and thanks again for the
advice!

Rick

> Try 400 and 600 grit wet/dry paper or a 3M woven pad.
>

> "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
> | The "yellowish tint" needs to be removed by a cream
> cleanser because the
> | tint is starting to be "absorbed" by the plastic.
> |

> | "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

> | > I clean my mouse with alcohol and it does a great job.
> I use a mans
> | > handkerchief and put a small amount of alcohol at a time
> on it and wipe
> | > away. It dries quick and does a nice job.
> | > Donna J.
> | >
> | > "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> You know, the
> MS Intellimouse?

DJ

Rick,
Hope it works for you. It does a great job on my mouse. I don't think I
would try the combination of all our answers here though. :)
They do get yucky after a while, don't they?

> So...do I mix alcohol with a cream cleanser and apply it with a 3M woven
pad
> <g>?
>
> Seriously, you guys (Donna included) are great...and thanks again for the
> advice!
>
> Rick
>

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
> > Try 400 and 600 grit wet/dry paper or a 3M woven pad.
> >

> > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
> > | The "yellowish tint" needs to be removed by a cream
> > cleanser because the
> > | tint is starting to be "absorbed" by the plastic.
> > |

> > | "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

> > I use a mans
> > on it and wipe

> > You know, the
> > MS Intellimouse?

If staining of the plastic is a problem, quality paint can
give you a custom look of any color. You can even paint
eyes, nose and teeth on your mouse.

| Rick,
| Hope it works for you. It does a great job on my mouse.
I don't think I
| would try the combination of all our answers here though.
:)

wrote in message
| > > Try 400 and 600 grit wet/dry paper or a 3M woven pad.
| > >

| > > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in
message
| > > cleanser because the
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |

great job.
| > > I use a mans
a time
| > > on it and wipe

innards.
| > > You know, the
| > > MS Intellimouse?

| > > |
| > > |

DJ

Ah, how cute. Any mouse or just the MS Intellimouse?
Need to brighten it up a bit.
Donna J.

> If staining of the plastic is a problem, quality paint can
> give you a custom look of any color. You can even paint
> eyes, nose and teeth on your mouse.
>

> "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message
> | Rick,
> | Hope it works for you. It does a great job on my mouse.
> I don't think I
> | would try the combination of all our answers here though.
> :)
> | They do get yucky after a while, don't they?
> |
> | Donna J.
> |
> | "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> | > So...do I mix alcohol with a cream cleanser and apply it
> with a 3M woven
> | pad
> | > <g>?
> | >
> | > Seriously, you guys (Donna included) are great...and
> thanks again for the
> | > advice!
> | >
> | > Rick
> | >

> | > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
> wrote in message

> message
> | > > |
> | > > |
> | > > |

> great job.
> a time

> innards.
> on my

> | > > |
> | > > |

There is a guy they call Yoshi on The Screensavers
(www.Techtv.com ) who used to do motorcycle paint jibs and
now does computer mods. He has even written a book on the
subject. He takes mice apart, sands the surface smooth,
cleans it with the proper solvent, primes and paints with
automotive or model airplane paint.
I haven't done this, I like my MS Trackball Optical as it
is, sitting there with a big red eye.

| Ah, how cute. Any mouse or just the MS Intellimouse?
| Need to brighten it up a bit.
| Donna J.

in message
| > If staining of the plastic is a problem, quality paint
can
| > give you a custom look of any color. You can even paint
| > eyes, nose and teeth on your mouse.
| >

| > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

| > | Rick,
| > | Hope it works for you. It does a great job on my
mouse.
| > I don't think I
| > | would try the combination of all our answers here
though.
| > :)
| > | They do get yucky after a while, don't they?
| > |
| > | Donna J.
| > |
| > | "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
apply it
| > with a 3M woven
| > | pad

| > thanks again for the

pad.

in
| > message
cream
plastic.
| > | > > |
| > | > > |
| > | > > |

| > great job.
| > a time

| > innards.
least
| > on my

| > | > > |
| > | > > |

| > |
| > |

DJ

Jim,
I found the URL you sent. I love collecting "pigs" I have just a plain old
gray HP mouse. It is kind of skinny, I'm good with painting but not
artistically to be able to paint faces and things like that. Hmmmm, now you
have me wanting to ReMod my mouse. Might brighten it up a bit.
Thanks, Donna J.

> There is a guy they call Yoshi on The Screensavers
> (www.Techtv.com ) who used to do motorcycle paint jibs and
> now does computer mods. He has even written a book on the
> subject. He takes mice apart, sands the surface smooth,
> cleans it with the proper solvent, primes and paints with
> automotive or model airplane paint.
> I haven't done this, I like my MS Trackball Optical as it
> is, sitting there with a big red eye.
>
> "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message
> | Ah, how cute. Any mouse or just the MS Intellimouse?
> | Need to brighten it up a bit.
> | Donna J.
> |
> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > If staining of the plastic is a problem, quality paint
> can
> | > give you a custom look of any color. You can even paint
> | > eyes, nose and teeth on your mouse.
> | >

> | > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

> mouse.
> | > I don't think I
> though.
> | > :)
> | > |
> | > |
> apply it
> | > with a 3M woven

> | > thanks again for the

> pad.

> in
> | > message
> cream
> plastic.
> | > | > > |
> | > | > > |
> | > | > > |

> | > great job.
> at
> | > a time

> | > innards.
> least
> | > on my

> | > | > > |
> | > | > > |

> | > |
> | > |

Paint it gray and do a photo transfer of a mouse picture.
If you mess up, you can always sand the job again and start
over.

| Jim,
| I found the URL you sent. I love collecting "pigs" I
have just a plain old
| gray HP mouse. It is kind of skinny, I'm good with
painting but not
| artistically to be able to paint faces and things like
that. Hmmmm, now you
| have me wanting to ReMod my mouse. Might brighten it up a
bit.
| Thanks, Donna J.

in message
| > There is a guy they call Yoshi on The Screensavers
| > (www.Techtv.com ) who used to do motorcycle paint jibs
and
| > now does computer mods. He has even written a book on
the
| > subject. He takes mice apart, sands the surface smooth,
| > cleans it with the proper solvent, primes and paints
with
| > automotive or model airplane paint.
| > I haven't done this, I like my MS Trackball Optical as
it
| > is, sitting there with a big red eye.
| >
| > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

| > | Ah, how cute. Any mouse or just the MS Intellimouse?
| > | Need to brighten it up a bit.
| > | Donna J.
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
paint
| > can
paint

| > mouse.
| > though.
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > apply it

great...and

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
woven
| > pad.

wrote
| > in
| > cream
| > plastic.
| > | > | > > |
| > | > | > > |

does a
alcohol
| > at

at
| > least

| > | > | > > |
| > | > | > > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

DJ

Jim
Now that's an idea, just to paint it gray, but what about a cute little
gray "pig" . Just need to fatten it up a little bit.
Donna J.

> Paint it gray and do a photo transfer of a mouse picture.
> If you mess up, you can always sand the job again and start
> over.
>

> "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message
> | Jim,
> | I found the URL you sent. I love collecting "pigs" I
> have just a plain old
> | gray HP mouse. It is kind of skinny, I'm good with
> painting but not
> | artistically to be able to paint faces and things like
> that. Hmmmm, now you
> | have me wanting to ReMod my mouse. Might brighten it up a
> bit.
> | Thanks, Donna J.
> |

> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > There is a guy they call Yoshi on The Screensavers
> | > (www.Techtv.com ) who used to do motorcycle paint jibs
> and
> | > now does computer mods. He has even written a book on
> the
> | > subject. He takes mice apart, sands the surface smooth,
> | > cleans it with the proper solvent, primes and paints
> with
> | > automotive or model airplane paint.
> | > I haven't done this, I like my MS Trackball Optical as
> it
> | > is, sitting there with a big red eye.
> | >
> | > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

> | > |
> wrote
> | > in message
> paint
> | > can
> paint

> | > mouse.
> | > though.
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > apply it

> great...and

> <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
> woven
> | > pad.

> wrote
> | > in
> | > cream
> | > plastic.
> | > | > | > > |
> | > | > | > > |
> | > | > | > > |

> does a
> alcohol
> | > at

> the
> at
> | > least

> | > | > | > > |
> | > | > | > > |

> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > |
> | > |

A pig is light tan and pink splotches.

| Jim
| Now that's an idea, just to paint it gray, but what
about a cute little
| gray "pig" . Just need to fatten it up a little bit.
| Donna J.

in message
| > Paint it gray and do a photo transfer of a mouse
picture.
| > If you mess up, you can always sand the job again and
start
| > over.
| >

| > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

| > | Jim,
| > | I found the URL you sent. I love collecting "pigs" I
| > have just a plain old
| > | gray HP mouse. It is kind of skinny, I'm good with
| > painting but not
| > | artistically to be able to paint faces and things like
| > that. Hmmmm, now you
| > | have me wanting to ReMod my mouse. Might brighten it
up a
| > bit.
| > | Thanks, Donna J.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
jibs
| > and
on
| > the
smooth,
| > with
as
| > it

Intellimouse?
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > paint
even
| > paint

on my
here
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
and

| > great...and

| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

| > woven

| > wrote

| > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > > |
message
| > | > | > | > > |

| > does a
| > alcohol
job.

message

| > the
time,
| > at

| > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

DJ

Jim,
I have pigs all different colors. But now that you mention it, I don't
have a gray one. Hmm.
Donna J.

> A pig is light tan and pink splotches.
>

> "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message
> | Jim
> | Now that's an idea, just to paint it gray, but what
> about a cute little
> | gray "pig" . Just need to fatten it up a little bit.
> | Donna J.
> |
> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > Paint it gray and do a photo transfer of a mouse
> picture.
> | > If you mess up, you can always sand the job again and
> start
> | > over.
> | >

> | > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

> | > have just a plain old
> | > painting but not
> | > that. Hmmmm, now you
> up a
> | > bit.
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> wrote
> | > in message
> jibs
> | > and
> on
> | > the
> smooth,
> | > with
> as
> | > it

> Intellimouse?
> | > | > |
> <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
> | > wrote
> | > paint
> even
> | > paint

> on my
> here
> | > | > | > |
> | > | > | > |
> | > | > | > |
> and

> | > great...and

> | > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

> | > woven

> | > wrote

> by
> | > | > | > | > > |
> | > | > | > | > > |
> message
> | > | > | > | > > |

> | > does a
> | > alcohol
> job.

> message

> not
> | > the
> time,
> | > at

> | > | > | > | > > |
> | > | > | > | > > |

> | > | > | > |
> | > | > | > |

> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > |
> | > |

Let your artistic skills and imagination run wild.

| Jim,
| I have pigs all different colors. But now that you
mention it, I don't
| have a gray one. Hmm.
| Donna J.

in message
| > A pig is light tan and pink splotches.
| >

| > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

| > | Jim
| > | Now that's an idea, just to paint it gray, but what
| > about a cute little
| > | gray "pig" . Just need to fatten it up a little bit.
| > | Donna J.
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > picture.
and
| > start

"pigs" I
like
it
| > up a
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
Screensavers
paint
| > jibs
book
| > on
| > smooth,
paints
Optical
| > as

| > Intellimouse?
| > | > | > |
| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
quality
can
| > even

job
| > on my
answers
| > here
they?
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

<yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com>

removed
| > by
| > | > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > | > > |
| > message
| > | > | > | > | > > |

and it
amount of
nice
| > job.

| > message

shell,
| > not
over
| > time,

| > | > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > | > > |

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

DJ

Sounds good, maybe a "wild" pig, HA.
Thanks for the advice, Donna J.

> Let your artistic skills and imagination run wild.
>

> "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message
> | Jim,
> | I have pigs all different colors. But now that you
> [...]

It's fun and I had a good time too.

| Sounds good, maybe a "wild" pig, HA.
| Thanks for the advice, Donna J.

in message
| > Let your artistic skills and imagination run wild.
| >

| > "DJ" <DJ@nomorespamatt.net> wrote in message

| > | Jim,
| > | I have pigs all different colors. But now that you
| > mention it, I don't
| > | have a gray one. Hmm.
| > | Donna J.
| > |