NVIDIA Settings

Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon from my
system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about nvidia settings

    You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
    within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup by
    running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it. If
    you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
    RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.

    "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon from
    my
    > system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

    Rick:
    Thanks but I can't find anything within the module. I can Exit but it
    reappears whenever I rcboot.
    "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
    > You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
    > within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup by
    > running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it. If
    > you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
    > RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.
    >
    > "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon from
    > my
    > > system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

    Use Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information and
    look under Software Environment. Startup Programs will show you the command
    and how it is started; probably from the registry.

    - Robert -

    > Rick:
    > Thanks but I can't find anything within the module. I can Exit but it
    > reappears whenever I rcboot.
    > "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
    >> You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
    >> within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup
    >> by
    >> running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it. If
    >> you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
    >> RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.
    >>
    >> "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
    >> > Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon
    >> > from
    >> my
    >> > system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

    Thanks fellas, I got it.
    "RobD" <robden12@adelphia.NOSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > Use Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information and
    > look under Software Environment. Startup Programs will show you the
    command
    > and how it is started; probably from the registry.
    >
    > - Robert -
    >
    > "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
    > > Rick:
    > > Thanks but I can't find anything within the module. I can Exit but it
    > > reappears whenever I rcboot.
    > > "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
    > >> You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
    > >> within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup
    > >> by
    > >> running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it.
    If
    > >> you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
    > >> RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.
    > >>
    > >> "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
    > >> my

Hardware Microsoft Nvidia Windows XP