Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon from my
system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup by
running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it. If
you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.

"Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
> Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon from
my
> system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Rick:
Thanks but I can't find anything within the module. I can Exit but it
reappears whenever I rcboot.
"Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
> within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup by
> running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it. If
> you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
> RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.
>
> "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon from
> my
> > system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

RobD

Champion

Use Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information and
look under Software Environment. Startup Programs will show you the command
and how it is started; probably from the registry.

- Robert -

> Rick:
> Thanks but I can't find anything within the module. I can Exit but it
> reappears whenever I rcboot.
> "Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
>> You should be able to remove it through an Options or Preferences menu
>> within the module itself. Failing that, you can disable it from Startup
>> by
>> running "msconfig" and looking for "NvMediaCenter" and unchecking it. If
>> you're adventureous, the command line, I think, is something like
>> RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NVTaskbarInit.
>>
>> "Jim Hildebrand" <jim.h(nospam)@hlidsys.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a safe way to permantently remove the NVIDIA Settings icon
>> > from
>> my
>> > system tray? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks fellas, I got it.