Installing HP970 drivers w/o printer

I have a laptop that isn't connected to a printer. What I want to do is
install the HP970 drivers and do a print to file. Then I'll use a USB drive
to take the file to the system that has the printer. My problem is that the
driver CD refused to install because it can't find a 970 connected to the
system.

Is there any way to install the drivers without connecting the printer up?
FYI the system's running Win98SE.
1 answer Last reply
More about installing hp970 drivers printer

    SayItAgain wrote:
    > I have a laptop that isn't connected to a printer. What I want to do is
    > install the HP970 drivers and do a print to file. Then I'll use a USB drive
    > to take the file to the system that has the printer. My problem is that the
    > driver CD refused to install because it can't find a 970 connected to the
    > system.
    >
    > Is there any way to install the drivers without connecting the printer up?
    > FYI the system's running Win98SE.

    I think the corporate version will install without the printer. If that
    fails you could try installing the windows printer driver for the 895 or
    550.

Printers Drivers Peripherals