Installing HP970 drivers w/o printer

I have a laptop that isn't connected to a printer. What I want to do is
install the HP970 drivers and do a print to file. Then I'll use a USB drive
to take the file to the system that has the printer. My problem is that the
driver CD refused to install because it can't find a 970 connected to the
system.

Is there any way to install the drivers without connecting the printer up?
FYI the system's running Win98SE.

SayItAgain wrote:
> I have a laptop that isn't connected to a printer. What I want to do is
> install the HP970 drivers and do a print to file. Then I'll use a USB drive
> to take the file to the system that has the printer. My problem is that the
> driver CD refused to install because it can't find a 970 connected to the
> system.
>
> Is there any way to install the drivers without connecting the printer up?
> FYI the system's running Win98SE.

I think the corporate version will install without the printer. If that
fails you could try installing the windows printer driver for the 895 or
550.

TRENDING THREADS