WHAT IS APIC MODE IN MAINBOARD?!

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 7, 2005 12:36:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

:?: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS APIC MODE AND HOW IT AFFECTS ANY PCI
DEVICE?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH ACPI MODE OR PNP AWARE OS INSIDE BIOS
SETUP

IAM INSTALLING A PCMCIA TP PCI ADAPTOR FOR DESKTOP AND WHEN THERE IS
APIC MODE IN THE MAINBOARD THIS DEVICE AIN’T WORKING!
WHY WHY AND WHY?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/General-Discussion-APIC-M...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296010

More about : apic mode mainboard

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2005 11:30:44 AM

"Mel" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> :?: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS APIC MODE AND HOW IT AFFECTS ANY PCI
> DEVICE?
> WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH ACPI MODE OR PNP AWARE OS INSIDE BIOS
> SETUP
>
> IAM INSTALLING A PCMCIA TP PCI ADAPTOR FOR DESKTOP AND WHEN THERE IS
> APIC MODE IN THE MAINBOARD THIS DEVICE AIN'T WORKING!
> WHY WHY AND WHY?

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/General-Discussion-APIC-M...
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296010

Never knew it affected the caps lock on the keyboard.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2005 3:29:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

It has something to do with the interrupt controller. With APIC on
there are up to 32 usable interrupts. Some devices or device drivers
might not like APIC to be enabled in my experience.

!