On-board video.. PLS HELP.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

I’m trying to install my new nVideia 5200 video card into my AGP slot.
But No matter what I do, whenever I plug the nVideia 5200 into the
motherboard, I cannot even boot the system, the power indicater on my
computer light up and but the monitor screen nothing shows-up. I have
an ECS P4VMM2 (v. 1.1A) motherboard with a VIA VT8751 Chipset. There
is an onboard video controller which cannot be physically disabled
(nor disabled in the bios), there’s no option on the BIOS to disable
the on-board video. I need to disable it manually but on the manual
there’s no instruction on how to find the jumper for the onboard
video.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/General-Discussion-board-video-PLS-HELP-ftopict58601.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296716

"chiz" wrote:
> I'm trying to install my new nVideia 5200 video card into my
> AGP slot. But No matter what I do, whenever I plug the nVideia
> 5200 into the motherboard, I cannot even boot the system, the
> power indicater on my computer light up and but the monitor
> screen nothing shows-up. I have an ECS P4VMM2 (v. 1.1A)
> motherboard with a VIA VT8751 Chipset. There is an onboard
> video controller which cannot be physically disabled (nor
> disabled in the bios), there's no option on the BIOS to
> disable the on-board video. I need to disable it manually but
> on the manual there's no instruction on how to find the jumper
> for the onboard video.

the board should sense it automaticly and boot to the agp.

disconnect power from the harddrive, romdrives and case fans. see if
you can boot to video then. it may be your psu isn’t up to the new
card.

ud