Mouse Pointer changes randomly

Searchingforanswer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Since I've been on Windows 7/my new computer, my mouse has changed appearance at random. I don't want it to, so when searching for answers the other day, I came across something you could download that would make it so the mouse wouldn't change. I downloaded it. Since I did, I am now unable to switch the pointer back to normal when it automatically changes. I cannot figure out how to undo this.

Searchingforanswer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
No. I don't think it was a named software. I don't remember exactly what it was. It was a link that when clicked on, it would download something that would change the registry so that the mouse pointers would no longer change. I clicked the link. It downloaded in a couple of seconds & that was it.

The result, though, is that there is no longer an option to change your mouse pointers in the customize screen.

Searchingforanswer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I really appreciate your help, but I don't think I made it clear. This is what I tried at first, but there is no longer a "pointers" tab to click on. Evidently (unless I am just not seeing something obvious) the change I volunteered for took out the "Pointers" tab under "Mouse Properties". Any other suggestions? & don't worry. I don't plan on doing this again!

Searchingforanswer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Fortunately the pointer is "randomly" back to normal now. When I do what you just suggested I still have the Mouse Properties box with no Pointers tab to select lots of pointers. I know what you are talking about. I DID have that option at one time.