Xp Pro insisting my writer is a printer

Hi there, hope you can shed some light on this. Recently
bought an optorite CW5201 Cdwriter. Installed it along
with nero and it worked fine. Then recently booted my
system, and upon logging to windows was informed i had
invalid drivers installed. Since then Windows insists
that the cd-rw is a printer and its connected into my
printer port (which is empty) I cant make it do anything
else.

Pls help!

BigJim

first make sure you have it jumper properly, master or slave
if you do try uninstalling it in the device manager and reboot and let xp
reinstall it
Never heard of this problem before.
You may want to uninstall and reinstall the printer