help! still not working

April 1, 2004 11:54:10 PM

i just posted a little bit ago under "display problems".
i did what the reply said but it kept locking up on me. i
tried every single way to start up xp but they all lock
up after the disk check. under the three safe mode
selections they all started running through a list of
different drivers and stuff but they all stopped at one
line and locked up. the line was "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)
partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys". i
have no clue what the problem is. somebody please give me
some advice....thanks

More about : working

Anonymous
April 2, 2004 1:08:43 AM

dan wrote:
> i just posted a little bit ago under "display problems".
> i did what the reply said but it kept locking up on me. i
> tried every single way to start up xp but they all lock
> up after the disk check. under the three safe mode
> selections they all started running through a list of
> different drivers and stuff but they all stopped at one
> line and locked up. the line was "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)
> partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys". i
> have no clue what the problem is. somebody please give me
> some advice....thanks

Dan. The posts in usenet are threaded, in other words, they all stay
together as a sequence of questions and replies. This makes it possible
for one to keep track of one's messages in the daily onslaught of
hundreds if not thousands of messages. This only works if you post in
the same thread as your original question so we can all keep on top of
the resolution of suggested fixes. To do this, select the response to
your original question and somehow select Reply to Group, Reply to this
Message, or something like that. Then you can refer to your original
message and all the responses to it at one time. If the host system
that you are using does not support threading, how about using Outlook
Express newsgroups, if that is possible.

April 2, 2004 1:08:44 AM

q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just a
lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
offend. dan
ps
still lost
Related resources
April 2, 2004 2:52:42 AM

Dan
that seems to be a AGP driver problem with your MOBO drivers.
Find out the maker of your MOBO and go to their website to download the newest
drivers for your particular chipset..should be ALI
peter
"dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i just posted a little bit ago under "display problems".
> i did what the reply said but it kept locking up on me. i
> tried every single way to start up xp but they all lock
> up after the disk check. under the three safe mode
> selections they all started running through a list of
> different drivers and stuff but they all stopped at one
> line and locked up. the line was "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)
> partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys". i
> have no clue what the problem is. somebody please give me
> some advice....thanks
April 2, 2004 12:31:50 PM

i went to the toshiba website and looked up specifics for
my pc. do you mean motherboard, when you say mobo? and if
so, would my bios rom be my motherboard? under that on the
spec sheet i printed out, it has "4Mbit Ali Cyber Aladdin-
T M1535 Chipset". is that my motherboard? thanks
Anonymous
April 2, 2004 4:56:47 PM

dan wrote:
> q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just a
> lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
> internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
> offend. dan
> ps
> still lost

No offense given or taken.

April 2, 2004 5:12:54 PM

That is your motherboard(mobo) chipset...which uses various drivers specific to
that chipset.
In your case you are having a problem with the agp miniport driver.
All of the drivers usually come in a package deal....one exe file and all of the
drivers are automatically loaded.
It is usually a fairly easy precedure where you download the file either expand
it(ZIP format) and the run the EXE file or it is downloaded as an EXE file and
you just click on it.
> i went to the toshiba website and looked up specifics for
> my pc. do you mean motherboard, when you say mobo? and if
> so, would my bios rom be my motherboard? under that on the
> spec sheet i printed out, it has "4Mbit Ali Cyber Aladdin-
> T M1535 Chipset". is that my motherboard? thanks

Anonymous
April 2, 2004 6:05:02 PM

No such thing as a lowly Marine. Just stay sharp, have
plenty of ammo and water.

| dan wrote:
| > q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just
| > lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
| > internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
| > offend. dan
| > ps
| > still lost
|
| No offense given or taken.

April 3, 2004 12:04:58 AM

Dan
Well now I have a question. :-) What was the problem with your PC? I
didn't see the post. Maybe someone can still help you.

Donna J.