help! still not working

i just posted a little bit ago under "display problems".
i did what the reply said but it kept locking up on me. i
tried every single way to start up xp but they all lock
up after the disk check. under the three safe mode
selections they all started running through a list of
different drivers and stuff but they all stopped at one
line and locked up. the line was "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)
partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys". i
have no clue what the problem is. somebody please give me
some advice....thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about help working

    dan wrote:
    > i just posted a little bit ago under "display problems".
    > i did what the reply said but it kept locking up on me. i
    > tried every single way to start up xp but they all lock
    > up after the disk check. under the three safe mode
    > selections they all started running through a list of
    > different drivers and stuff but they all stopped at one
    > line and locked up. the line was "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)
    > partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys". i
    > have no clue what the problem is. somebody please give me
    > some advice....thanks

    Dan. The posts in usenet are threaded, in other words, they all stay
    together as a sequence of questions and replies. This makes it possible
    for one to keep track of one's messages in the daily onslaught of
    hundreds if not thousands of messages. This only works if you post in
    the same thread as your original question so we can all keep on top of
    the resolution of suggested fixes. To do this, select the response to
    your original question and somehow select Reply to Group, Reply to this
    Message, or something like that. Then you can refer to your original
    message and all the responses to it at one time. If the host system
    that you are using does not support threading, how about using Outlook
    Express newsgroups, if that is possible.

    q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just a
    lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
    internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
    offend. dan
    ps
    still lost

    Dan
    that seems to be a AGP driver problem with your MOBO drivers.
    Find out the maker of your MOBO and go to their website to download the newest
    drivers for your particular chipset..should be ALI
    peter
    "dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i just posted a little bit ago under "display problems".
    > i did what the reply said but it kept locking up on me. i
    > tried every single way to start up xp but they all lock
    > up after the disk check. under the three safe mode
    > selections they all started running through a list of
    > different drivers and stuff but they all stopped at one
    > line and locked up. the line was "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)
    > partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys". i
    > have no clue what the problem is. somebody please give me
    > some advice....thanks

    i went to the toshiba website and looked up specifics for
    my pc. do you mean motherboard, when you say mobo? and if
    so, would my bios rom be my motherboard? under that on the
    spec sheet i printed out, it has "4Mbit Ali Cyber Aladdin-
    T M1535 Chipset". is that my motherboard? thanks

    dan wrote:
    > q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just a
    > lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
    > internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
    > offend. dan
    > ps
    > still lost

    No offense given or taken.

    That is your motherboard(mobo) chipset...which uses various drivers specific to
    that chipset.
    In your case you are having a problem with the agp miniport driver.
    All of the drivers usually come in a package deal....one exe file and all of the
    drivers are automatically loaded.
    It is usually a fairly easy precedure where you download the file either expand
    it(ZIP format) and the run the EXE file or it is downloaded as an EXE file and
    you just click on it.
    > i went to the toshiba website and looked up specifics for
    > my pc. do you mean motherboard, when you say mobo? and if
    > so, would my bios rom be my motherboard? under that on the
    > spec sheet i printed out, it has "4Mbit Ali Cyber Aladdin-
    > T M1535 Chipset". is that my motherboard? thanks

    No such thing as a lowly Marine. Just stay sharp, have
    plenty of ammo and water.

    | dan wrote:
    | > q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just
    | > lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
    | > internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
    | > offend. dan
    | > ps
    | > still lost
    |
    | No offense given or taken.

    Dan
    Well now I have a question. :-) What was the problem with your PC? I
    didn't see the post. Maybe someone can still help you.

    Donna J.

    > dan wrote:
    > > q, so sorry for not being a guru like yourself. im just a
    > > lowly marine stuck in the desert, using my chance on the
    > > internet to try to get some answers. didnt mean to
    > > offend. dan
    > > ps
    > > still lost
    >
    > No offense given or taken.