USB Drive and logical drive letter assignment conflicts

I have a system that maps several network drives on
login. The USB drive and one of the mapped networked
drived want to share the same drive letter, F:. How can I
reassign the letter to the USB drive. It is being
assigned automatically upon plugin. This is a Dell 2400
with a Pentium4 and 512 of ram, running XP Pro.

your problem is, you are asign letter F: to your usb drive in the disk manager and your logon script connect some remote drive to your system.

go to the disk manager and select modifie drive letter of your usb key or modifie your logon script if it's possible.
good luck

woody

Try diskmgmt.msc. I don't know if it will work but the only way I know of
assigning drive letters.