help - replacement eMachines motherboard needed

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Our granddaughter's T3092 eMachines system will not startup. The local
computer store tells me the problem is on the motherboard (CPU and RAM
is OK). Called eMachines and they are out of stock on a replacement
monthboard. Store said the motherboard in smaller than what they stock
hence could not help.

Is there a motherboard that I can buy that will work in this system?

Here are the specs:
CPU - AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 333MHz Front Side Bus
nVIDIA Crush 18B_MCP-T AGPset
two 184-pin DDR DIMM
BIOS 2MB Flash Award BIOS

Advice and recommendations would be appreciated

s_libes@yahoo.com

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

The first thing you need to determine if the board is atx or micro-atx.
Does your old board have onboard video or a video card? In either case
your looking for an NF2 based board and some of the manufacturer's have
quit making the onboard video models.