Sony DDU1612; XP freezes when CD inserted

I have a Sony DVD-ROM DDU1612 that when I insert a game
or CD into the drive XP freezes up completely and I have
to restart the computer, not all the time or only with
specific games. It will one time with a game and next
time it won't. Sometimes if a CD is already in the drive
when I start my computer it will freeze XP on startup. I
couldn't find an updated driver, or any driver for the
drive on the Sony site or by a web search. Any
suggestions? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about sony ddu1612 freezes inserted

    I would contact the manuafacture, if it's been bought
    within one year, they should replace it. Drive may just be
    bad.

Sony Windows XP Games CD-Rom