recovering files after system restore

My computer would not start up and displayed system disk
error continually, having tried and had several IT
assistants help to try and rectify could not find a
cure. We then chose to use the system restore disk which
has now disposed of all businss files and folders which
were on the system. Is there any way we can recover
these files, I have tried system restore / recovery to an
earlier date but to no avail. any suggestions.
2 answers Last reply
More about recovering files system restore

    Hi,

    When you have used the recovery disk, it would format the C drive and then wiped off all data..
    Anyway, stop using this machine and call some professional data recovery companies for help, expensive though and chance for a full recover is minimal.

    ----- glenn wrote: -----

    My computer would not start up and displayed system disk
    error continually, having tried and had several IT
    assistants help to try and rectify could not find a
    cure. We then chose to use the system restore disk which
    has now disposed of all businss files and folders which
    were on the system. Is there any way we can recover
    these files, I have tried system restore / recovery to an
    earlier date but to no avail. any suggestions.

    Hello
    Your data may be history but there is some software on the market, I have
    never used any of it so am not sure how good it is. Maybe some of these MS
    Tech's can offer something better.
    http://www.stellarinfo.com/disk-recovery.htm
    or
    http://www.dtidata.com/products_ff_recovery.asp
    or
    http://www.file-recovery.net/soft.htm

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus

Hardware Computers Microsoft System Restore Windows XP