DVD ROM problems

When I insert a CD into either my DVD ROM or the CD-ROM, Windows XP fails to recognise that a CD is in the drive, after a few attempts it eventually recognises the CD, any idea why this is happening ?
2 answers Last reply
More about problems

    If you are using Burner Software such as Nero or EZ CD Creator go to
    their websites www.nero.com
    or www.roxio.com and see if there are updates for your Version.
    "leftnail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I insert a CD into either my DVD ROM or the CD-ROM, Windows XP fails
    to recognise that a CD is in the drive, after a few attempts it eventually
    recognises the CD, any idea why this is happening ?

    Hi,

    There may be several reasons:
    Dirty laser head
    dirty disk
    Scratched disk
    OS config/softwares problems

    Peter

    ----- leftnail wrote: -----

    When I insert a CD into either my DVD ROM or the CD-ROM, Windows XP fails to recognise that a CD is in the drive, after a few attempts it eventually recognises the CD, any idea why this is happening ?

CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP