My Computer's drive icons

David

Hello, I have in my computer a memorex cd-rw drive and
that is it. Now when I go to "My computer" and look at
my drives it says I have a "CD-RW" drive labeled and
drive D: and a "DVD/CD-ROM" drive labeled as F:! I don't
have a DVD drive in my computer... I unistall the DVD/CD-
ROM drive and when I restart it intalls it self again
saying that I have a F: drive with DVD... What is
happening?

David wrote:
> Hello, I have in my computer a memorex cd-rw drive and
> that is it. Now when I go to "My computer" and look at
> my drives it says I have a "CD-RW" drive labeled and
> drive D: and a "DVD/CD-ROM" drive labeled as F:! I don't
> have a DVD drive in my computer... I unistall the DVD/CD-
> ROM drive and when I restart it intalls it self again
> saying that I have a F: drive with DVD... What is
> happening?

Your computer is ruined. Send it to me, shipping prepaid, and I'll see what
I can do.

OTOH, it could be the CD burning software you've installed (Nero, Clone CD,
Alcohol 120%) has created a virtual DVD drive. Open whatever program you're
using and see if the F:\ drive appears. Experiment with it.