CMD PCI-0649 Ultra DMA IDE Controller

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I put this in my PCI slot. I then turn on my computer but nothing will boot,
windows won't load, nothing happens it just sits there. Upon removal my PC
functions/boots fine.

I found these instructions here
http://12.24.47.40/al/12/106/10052.htm

but the problem is my Windows XP came preinstalled, so I don't have an XP
installation CD.

Am I SOL? Is there any way I can get this installed? I could really use the
extra IDE ports.

Eric

Eric wrote:
> I put this in my PCI slot. I then turn on my computer but nothing
> will boot, windows won't load, nothing happens it just sits there.
> Upon removal my PC functions/boots fine.
>
> I found these instructions here
> http://12.24.47.40/al/12/106/10052.htm
>
> but the problem is my Windows XP came preinstalled, so I don't have
> an XP installation CD.
>
> Am I SOL? Is there any way I can get this installed? I could really
> use the extra IDE ports.

Download this one:
PCI-0649 CMD Technology
IDE Controller 0649_drv.zip
submitted by boonesmi
" SiI0649 , PCI-0649 , MP649 , this comes with the winxp driver. plus it has
the (more)"
file size: 1.2MB

From here:
=119038&ids[1]=126134&ids[2]=53577&from_ums=1]http://list.driverguide.com/matches.php?ids[0]=119038&ids[1]=126134&ids[2]=53577&from_ums=1

Username:drivers
P/W:all

Unzip 0649_drv.zip then read the Readme.txt file.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"S.Heenan" <sheenan@wahs.ac> wrote in message
> Eric wrote:
> >
> > but the problem is my Windows XP came preinstalled, so I don't have
> > an XP installation CD.
> >
> > Am I SOL? Is there any way I can get this installed? I could really
> > use the extra IDE ports.
>

> Download this one:
> From here:

=119038&ids[1]=126134&ids[2]=53577&from_ums=1]http://list.driverguide.com/matches.php?ids[0]=119038&ids[1]=126134&ids[2]=53577&from_ums=1

> Unzip 0649_drv.zip then read the Readme.txt file.

Thanks. Tried it... but the Readme.txt still says "and insert the Windows XP
installation CD." which I don't have. I still try'd it anyways, but
couldn't get it to work.

Eric

Do you have directiry named i386 anywhere on your disk? If so, when the new
driver installation asks for the XP CD, point it to this directory
instead....

--
Reply to group
Most learned here on nntp://news.mircosoft.com