Unreal latency times on server list screen

Tags:
  • Latency
  • Games
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 25, 2004 6:41:06 PM

Finally purchased cs:s. Last night, I clicked on "Find Servers" and I
was devastated with the EMPTY window. I removed the latency filter to
allow all these servers with latencies between 300ms - 2000ms. Before
I start crying, I decided to try one. It was working perfectly!?!?.
TAB key also showed a little latency (<50-60ms) Why the heck in the
world server list shows 10 times bigger latency than the actual game?
I had no problems with regular CS or CS:S BETA before. Any clues?

More about : unreal latency times server list screen

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 3:31:44 PM

google@deniznet.com (DenoxiS) wrote in message news:<d2478899.0410251341.2439f03d@posting.google.com>...
> Finally purchased cs:s. Last night, I clicked on "Find Servers" and I
> was devastated with the EMPTY window. I removed the latency filter to
> allow all these servers with latencies between 300ms - 2000ms. Before
> I start crying, I decided to try one. It was working perfectly!?!?.
> TAB key also showed a little latency (<50-60ms) Why the heck in the
> world server list shows 10 times bigger latency than the actual game?
> I had no problems with regular CS or CS:S BETA before. Any clues?

Solved the problem. It was the connection settings I changed to T1/LAN
considering my cable speed upto 2Mbps. Changed back to DSL 256Kb
(because somebody didn't tell those people there is something called
CABLE), got the low latency times back again.
!