Unreal latency times on server list screen

Finally purchased cs:s. Last night, I clicked on "Find Servers" and I
was devastated with the EMPTY window. I removed the latency filter to
allow all these servers with latencies between 300ms - 2000ms. Before
I start crying, I decided to try one. It was working perfectly!?!?.
TAB key also showed a little latency (<50-60ms) Why the heck in the
world server list shows 10 times bigger latency than the actual game?
I had no problems with regular CS or CS:S BETA before. Any clues?
1 answer Last reply
More about unreal latency times server list screen

    google@deniznet.com (DenoxiS) wrote in message news:<d2478899.0410251341.2439f03d@posting.google.com>...
    > Finally purchased cs:s. Last night, I clicked on "Find Servers" and I
    > was devastated with the EMPTY window. I removed the latency filter to
    > allow all these servers with latencies between 300ms - 2000ms. Before
    > I start crying, I decided to try one. It was working perfectly!?!?.
    > TAB key also showed a little latency (<50-60ms) Why the heck in the
    > world server list shows 10 times bigger latency than the actual game?
    > I had no problems with regular CS or CS:S BETA before. Any clues?

    Solved the problem. It was the connection settings I changed to T1/LAN
    considering my cable speed upto 2Mbps. Changed back to DSL 256Kb
    (because somebody didn't tell those people there is something called
    CABLE), got the low latency times back again.

Latency Games Servers Video Games