Boot problems with Maxtor ATA/133 and Adaptec 2940UW

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After adding a Maxtor ATA/133 controller card to my XP system I'm not
able to boot from it unless I remove the Adaptec 2940 SCSI card. This
is an Abit BH6 motherboard which was previously using the onboard IDE
controller. I have set the onboard IDE to none in the BIOS. The SCSI
card is for my film scanner, there are no drives connected to it. The
Maxtor ATA/133 card is being detected before the SCSI card, and it is
finding the drives connected to it, it just won't boot from them. Any
ideas?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Bob, a good place to find the answer to your question is at ABIT's forum, many knowledgeable people their.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Dave. I hadn't thought of that.