boot problem after installing CD Writer

April 3, 2004 3:06:04 AM

Have problems booting system after installing a Sony CD Writer. I have to always go into safe mode and then restart and get the normal screen again. This happens everytime I on my computer. What's wron
April 3, 2004 12:06:04 PM

Hi,

Open the chassis and check the IDE and power connections of the CD-rom drive, it might be losen or not connected tightly.
If still no go, change the IDE cable; it may be faulty.

Peter

----- saintan wrote: -----

Have problems booting system after installing a Sony CD Writer. I have to always go into safe mode and then restart and get the normal screen again. This happens everytime I on my computer. What's wron
April 3, 2004 12:06:05 PM

Hi,

Further more, check the jumper settings and ensure it is connected correctly.

Peter
!