boot problem after installing CD Writer

Have problems booting system after installing a Sony CD Writer. I have to always go into safe mode and then restart and get the normal screen again. This happens everytime I on my computer. What's wron
2 answers Last reply
More about boot problem installing writer

    Hi,

    Open the chassis and check the IDE and power connections of the CD-rom drive, it might be losen or not connected tightly.
    If still no go, change the IDE cable; it may be faulty.

    Peter

    ----- saintan wrote: -----

    Have problems booting system after installing a Sony CD Writer. I have to always go into safe mode and then restart and get the normal screen again. This happens everytime I on my computer. What's wron

    Hi,

    Further more, check the jumper settings and ensure it is connected correctly.

    Peter

Boot CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP