adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,
I want to use the netmeeting which come with winxp, and I got a
microphone, when I plug it into the sound card, and speak something, there's
no sound at all. I tried to plug it into other holes in the sound card, but
none works. Why so? Does I need to install anything? Driver? And which hole
is for the microphone?

Thx.
Adrian

Did you start Netmeeting and try the audio wizard. Is the mic enabled in
your mixer controls?
"Adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to use the netmeeting which come with winxp, and I got a
> microphone, when I plug it into the sound card, and speak something,
there's
> no sound at all. I tried to plug it into other holes in the sound card,
but
> none works. Why so? Does I need to install anything? Driver? And which
hole
> is for the microphone?
>
> Thx.
> Adrian

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,
Normally, when u plug the microphone into the sound card, and u talk, you
can hear your voice from the speaker, but there's no sound at all, why is
that?

Adrian

"Tony Linguini" <tonylinguini@nospam.inland.com> wrote in message
> Did you start Netmeeting and try the audio wizard. Is the mic enabled in
> your mixer controls?
> "Adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I want to use the netmeeting which come with winxp, and I got a
> > microphone, when I plug it into the sound card, and speak something,
> there's
> > no sound at all. I tried to plug it into other holes in the sound card,
> but
> > none works. Why so? Does I need to install anything? Driver? And which
> hole
> > is for the microphone?
> >
> > Thx.
> > Adrian

Look on your mixer controls, many times the "mic" or "line is" is disabled
with an "x" I prefer mine that way so that if I leave a mic plugged in it's
not picking up everything in the room.