Coolerguys.com ack!!

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
I ordered an Alpha pep66t for kt7 mobo and some thermal compound from these guys. I live and canada and they told me it be no problem to ship it out here.

they told me it would be 7-10 days for me to get my package Im on the 17th day and no package yet!... I've emailed them several times and they never answer!! what the heck is going on with these people...

argh. I aint ordering from these morons again..

there site quote: "CoolerGuys provides 100% customer satisfaction... on every transaction!"

is bullshit!

"I left a track of posts, and lost track of time..." <font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool:

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
hah lucky you... well I guess im just having bad luck..
I sed there US airmail with no tracking number..
i dont know where it is now, they just told me they sent it out and thats the last I've heard of them...

"I left a track of posts, and lost track of time..." <font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool:

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Allways go ups the us mail causes up to 80% if not more of internet companies lost mail.
mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
hah after 11 days of emailing several times I got a responce!:

"It is possible your order is held in "Customs". You will need to contact "Customs" in your country.

Thanks,
Andrea
www.coolerguys.com"

uh? i'll look into it, BUT now i have to look for cutoms!? i barely know what that means, and all i have in mind right now is that i might have to go to the borderline to get my package or pay some other service to get it here!! AUGH another fuckup by coolerguys ... man could'nt they settle this themselves!? I paid for quality and service and got [-peep-] by them asswipes, they dont want to have anything to do with orders after they've been paid...
BASTERDS

G

If you paid by credit card, Put the charge in dispute. Contact the credit card company and find out how, and then I think you have to send cert mail return receipt to vendor and notify of your actions. I think you have 30 days to act. It may be in customs or it may be in one of their computers!

<b><i>"Bad advice is expensive, Good advice is priceless"

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
uhhh im too lazy...
hehe and i think i know where my package is now.
there's a customs by the mail depot..
i think the province took it so i would pay the province tax
before receiving the item..
a notice would of been nice to know...

sheesh.. unorganised dumbasses

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
A US vendor cannot and will not take responsibility for your customs liability for importing goods into your country. Dude - try getting real. Most likely customs will hold your order waiting for Canadian, State or whatever tax for the import.

I expect (have not checked but every other internationally shipping site does) they have a notice on shipping that say YOU are responsible for any duties, taxes etc. resulting from your local residence country. Laws do not permit someone residing outside a country to 'process' shipping into the country. Sometimes freight companies (with local offices or agreements with local shippers) will handle this on your behalf (for a nominal fee) and then bill you the tax applicable. Of course if you have it shipped US mail - you're flat out of luck.

Try learning a little about international commerce before you bomb a company that can only play by the rules and ship internationally as directed.

Since the product was shipped via a non-traceable carrier you were bound to be screwed - I'm sure you'll know better next time.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Travst

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2001
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've used Coolerguys on several occasions. I've had good communication and fast delivery from them everytime. For instance, 12 days ago (on a Sat.) I placed simultaneous orders with Coolerguys, Colorcases and Accessmicro. Coolerguys showed up on day 8, 1/3 of the Colorcases order came on day 11 and the Accessmicro order shipped on day 11. Note that two weekends are included in the timespan.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
try checking the date on the thread before you post.....

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL!

You think the guy is still waiting on the Alpha? :wink:

Toey

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>

Travst

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2001
Holy god... major faux pas here... new to these boards... *mumble*... sorry...

I'm laughing at myself. Thanks for calling my attention to my lack of attention.

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
LOL I was just reading this whole thing never looking at the date, ohh well, it was funny.

Yeah us Canucks we have to hunt our packages down at customs, they want their money so no delivery. Hope it shed light on this for other Canucks if they think about ordering from another country. (with all the cost that you will have to pay, does it still worth to order outside Canada? I'm not sure)

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>