Embedded Visual Basic Runtime

June 3, 2004 9:24:29 PM

I'm trying to use "pbrowser" on a iPAQ 5555 that has
Windows Pocket PC 2003. I downloaded the trial version
successfully, but I get a message stating "the application
you have launched requires microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic
to be installed". I found eVB, downloaded to my laptop,
but I can't figure out how to install it on the iPAQ.
There is no intallation wizard like other programs and I
have no idea what to do with this .CAB file. The
directions tell you to install eVM on the iPaq, but do not
provide any installation instructions or where to put the
file. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 9:24:30 PM

You do not need eVB on the desktop. You need the VB Runtime on your Pocket
PC. You can find it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downlo...
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"Preston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use "pbrowser" on a iPAQ 5555 that has
> Windows Pocket PC 2003. I downloaded the trial version
> successfully, but I get a message stating "the application
> you have launched requires microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic
> to be installed". I found eVB, downloaded to my laptop,
> but I can't figure out how to install it on the iPAQ.
> There is no intallation wizard like other programs and I
> have no idea what to do with this .CAB file. The
> directions tell you to install eVM on the iPaq, but do not
> provide any installation instructions or where to put the
> file. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 9:39:09 PM

Note that a version of this runtime is likely *not* going to be available
for future versions of Windows Mobile. It is strongly advised that
developers planning to target future devices migrate applications to the
..NET Compact Framework.

More info on .NET CF can be found at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/prodtechinfo/devtool...

A whitepaper on moving from eVB to VB.NET can be found at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

--
Robert Levy
http://blogs.msdn.com/WindowsMobile

Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices wrote:
> You do not need eVB on the desktop. You need the VB Runtime on your
> Pocket PC. You can find it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downlo...

> "Preston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to use "pbrowser" on a iPAQ 5555 that has
>> Windows Pocket PC 2003. I downloaded the trial version
>> successfully, but I get a message stating "the application
>> you have launched requires microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic
>> to be installed". I found eVB, downloaded to my laptop,
>> but I can't figure out how to install it on the iPAQ.
>> There is no intallation wizard like other programs and I
>> have no idea what to do with this .CAB file. The
>> directions tell you to install eVM on the iPaq, but do not
>> provide any installation instructions or where to put the
>> file. Any suggestions?
June 4, 2004 10:42:19 PM

copy the .cab file to your device via activesync, then run it on your ppc
and it will install itself.

"Preston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use "pbrowser" on a iPAQ 5555 that has
> Windows Pocket PC 2003. I downloaded the trial version
> successfully, but I get a message stating "the application
> you have launched requires microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic
> to be installed". I found eVB, downloaded to my laptop,
> but I can't figure out how to install it on the iPAQ.
> There is no intallation wizard like other programs and I
> have no idea what to do with this .CAB file. The
> directions tell you to install eVM on the iPaq, but do not
> provide any installation instructions or where to put the
> file. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 10:42:20 PM

Is there a specific location/directory on the PPC that
the .CAB file should be copied to?

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 3:20:23 AM

no. anywhere will do, even a storage card.

> Is there a specific location/directory on the PPC that
> the .CAB file should be copied to?

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 11:44:34 PM

earn an extra income £500 to £2000 per month visit
www.monsterlifestyle.co.uk so scary its true!!!
expansion into Europe July 2004 who do you know in Holland or Ireland please
pass onto somebody who may be able to help thankyou

"Piers James" <nospan-p13rs.xray.jam3s@v1rg1n.ten-nospam> wrote in message
> no. anywhere will do, even a storage card.
>

> "preston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a specific location/directory on the PPC that
> > the .CAB file should be copied to?

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:25:02 AM

I'm new to pocket pc and read your information on the post about the runtime
thing, but the link gets you to a screen that says "download", but when you
click the button it says it can't find it?? any suggestions on where i can
find it?
Thanks...

"Preston" wrote:

> I'm trying to use "pbrowser" on a iPAQ 5555 that has
> Windows Pocket PC 2003. I downloaded the trial version
> successfully, but I get a message stating "the application
> you have launched requires microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic
> to be installed". I found eVB, downloaded to my laptop,
> but I can't figure out how to install it on the iPAQ.
> There is no intallation wizard like other programs and I
> have no idea what to do with this .CAB file. The
> directions tell you to install eVM on the iPaq, but do not
> provide any installation instructions or where to put the
> file. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:27:02 AM

I am new to the ppc and need this runtime file, but when i go to the link it
talks about the runtime file and has a button "download", but when i click
the button it says that it can't help me or some error messages. Any other
suggestions where i can get this file?
Thanks...

!