ZeniMax: Over 2M Mods Downloaded Via Skyrim Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If anybody had any doubts of what's wrong with PC gaming, it should be clear now, it's not the gamers, gamers will support **a single player game** that is a quality and supported release, with a single layer of non intrusive drm and open to the community, take in account that steam has been on sale of %33 off at most.

No, the problem in PC gaming lies within the big publishers and their lust for total control, even if they try to disguise always online single player drm as "features" like in Diablo 3.

This also shows that people do have the power to vote with their wallets, a thing like skyrim is getting stronger all the time while UBI keeps blaming it on piracy of the lackluster sales of their DRM malware cripple crapware.

d-isdumb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Love it, I did download the big High Res texture pack upgrade. I still prefer to get my mods from SkyRim Nexus. I can install and remove without the hassle of Steam.
Took and arrow to the knee last night and then some guy took my sweet roll but still hanging in there.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
spent about 150 hrs on skyrim the month it came out, then haven't paid a visit since then. Still waiting for some kind of overhual mods, and maybe the xlove mods :)

[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]spent about 150 hrs on skyrim the month it came out, then haven't paid a visit since then. Still waiting for some kind of overhual mods, and maybe the xlove mods[/citation]
why not try modding skyrim yourself? You may find it fun . . .

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Even after ~200 hours of play time, I'm not bored of the game. I've stopped playing for now though just to make sure I don't get sick of it. I'll pick it up again once some epic mods come out that add a new dynamic or when the first expansion comes out.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Well, my wife has been absolutely glued to the skyrim toolkit and now she's asking me about picking up some programming books so she can start going a little farther down the rabbit hole. Normally all she likes doing is working with digital art and whatnot but skyrim's definitely pushing her to expand beyond her normal 2d, 3d digital art. I can see why, NWN's toolkit kind of did the same thing to me.

[citation][nom]d-isdumb[/nom]Love it, I did download the big High Res texture pack upgrade. I still prefer to get my mods from SkyRim Nexus. I can install and remove without the hassle of Steam.Took and arrow to the knee last night and then some guy took my sweet roll but still hanging in there.[/citation]

I don't see how Steam is a hassle. It does nothing but help. The Steam Workshop can apply to any game, is in TF2 already. I like it.

Still its an amazing part of Steam. Just subscribe and you are done. I also love the Space Core mod. Its all about dragons and space and space cops.

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
There's a Steam version of Skyrim?

Love the game, the mods are getting wicked as well. Think I might take a shot at some weapons or something simple in Maya/Mudbox soon. I'm not great with animation bones, but maybe I'll make a character at some point too!

I also love how massively you can tweak and customize your graphics for the PC version. There's even line-art (cartoon) mods if you want to go that route, and all kinds of other tweaks and enhancements. The game is pretty damn scalable, too - runs great on an old GTS250 and excellent on a GTX460.

Bethesda nailed it. They deserve their success.

dorkydude666

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]This why PC will always be better than consoles.....MODS[/citation]
There has to be a time when mods become available on consoles. It definitely doesn't sound anytime soon, but inevitably someone will make it happen. As much as I like the idea of adding mods to consoles though, I hate that we can't just drop consoles entirely and stay with the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS