cd burner not detected in My Computer

My cd burner does not show up in My Computer anymore. The light on the cd burner is on all of the time now and the drive isn't being recognized by the system at all. Are the cables hooked up wrong or what else could be causing these problems?
1 answer Last reply
More about burner detected computer

    Did it previously work ok and has no ceased, or have only just installed it,
    or made some kind of change?

    "Julie" <julie614@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > My cd burner does not show up in My Computer anymore. The light on the cd
    burner is on all of the time now and the drive isn't being recognized by the
    system at all. Are the cables hooked up wrong or what else could be causing
    these problems?

Computers Burner CD-Rom Windows XP