cd burner not detected in My Computer

Julie

My cd burner does not show up in My Computer anymore. The light on the cd burner is on all of the time now and the drive isn't being recognized by the system at all. Are the cables hooked up wrong or what else could be causing these problems?

Did it previously work ok and has no ceased, or have only just installed it,
or made some kind of change?