CD-Drives D: and E: have vanished from my computer!

i went to my computer today only to discover that my two
Cd-Drives had disappeared from "my computer". i tried to
find them using the RUN option in start menu but got this
error message: "d:\ refers to a location that is
unavailable. it could be on a harddrive on this computer,
or on a network. check to make sure that the disk is
properly inserted, or that you are connected to the
Internet or network, and then try again. if it still
cannot be located, the information might have been moved
to a different location." i checked inside the computer
but saw no problems with the wiring( however i must stress
that i do not have a great deal of knowledge is this
area). i would be most greatful if somebody could resolve
this problem for me as i can not currently play any games.
thanks in advance. Chris Gibson.
2 answers Last reply
More about drives vanished computer

    I had this problem & found that I had lost the power to
    this hard drive. Are D & E on the same disk, if they are
    check your leads.

    Daz

    i checked all the leads and they all connect to the
    correct place. i even took the all out and put them back
    in again myself. there are three leads for each drive. a
    skinny wide one that connects to both, a four holed one
    that also connects to both and a third one, which also
    connects to both, is very small and fiddly. there is
    however still no sign of this problem rectifying itself.
    can anyone help????please??? cheers for your advice too
    Daz. Chris Gibson

Computers CD-Rom Windows XP