SM Bus Controller on Abit IS7

I am running an IS7 mobo, and when i browsed through the device manager of
winXpPro, i noticed that this had a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I
cannot seem to find drivers for this

What does this do? and where do i get the drivers for it?

running 2.4Ghz PIV on IS7, Abit Gforce ti4400, audigy, networkcard and
tvcard.

Can anyone help?
Tnx

Hallo,
Go to the intel site and download ' infinst.exe' of your chipset ,run it
,and the driver is installed , grtz , Maarten.
"Promy" <NOSPAM_Promy@kotnet.org> schreef in bericht
> I am running an IS7 mobo, and when i browsed through the device manager of
> winXpPro, i noticed that this had a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I
> cannot seem to find drivers for this
>
> What does this do? and where do i get the drivers for it?
>
> running 2.4Ghz PIV on IS7, Abit Gforce ti4400, audigy, networkcard and
> tvcard.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Tnx

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

install the Intel Inf chipset drivers.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Promy" <NOSPAM_Promy@kotnet.org> wrote in message
> I am running an IS7 mobo, and when i browsed through the device manager of
> winXpPro, i noticed that this had a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I
> cannot seem to find drivers for this
>
> What does this do? and where do i get the drivers for it?
>
> running 2.4Ghz PIV on IS7, Abit Gforce ti4400, audigy, networkcard and
> tvcard.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Tnx

Like he asked, what does this do? There is also a unused header for this on
my AI7. What possible use could this be for?

"TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net> wrote in message
> install the Intel Inf chipset drivers.
>
> --
>
> Thomas Geery
> Network+ certified
>
> ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> over 130,000 FTP users served!
> ^^^^^^^
>

> "Promy" <NOSPAM_Promy@kotnet.org> wrote in message
> > I am running an IS7 mobo, and when i browsed through the device manager
of
> > winXpPro, i noticed that this had a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
> > cannot seem to find drivers for this
> >
> > What does this do? and where do i get the drivers for it?
> >
> > running 2.4Ghz PIV on IS7, Abit Gforce ti4400, audigy, networkcard and
> > tvcard.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> > Tnx

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

The SMBus is for system management in large (ie., corporate) networks. the
header is to connect to SMBus aware peripheral cards.