Video Card

I just installed a GeForce2 MX MX 400. The installation automatically
produced "NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager" in my system tray.

I can click on it and click "Exit" which will remove it, only to have it
return when I reboot. I have tried "Always Hide" under Custom Notifications
which has no effect. Under "Add and Remove Programs" I see NVIDAI Display
Driver but am afraid to remove it for fear of losing all video.

Please tell me how to remove only NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager from my
system tray.

Thank you.

Paul

Splendid

Try this....

Right-click anywhere on your desktop then click on
properties, click on the settings tab then on Advanced,
on this next screen you should have a tab with the name
of your card on it, click on this and it will bring up
your card properties, choose troubleshooting (on the
left) then un-check the box saying "Display the Nvidia
settings icon in the taskber". this should remove it
without uninstalling anything.

Thank you!
"Paul" <paulmattinson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try this....
>
> Right-click anywhere on your desktop then click on
> properties, click on the settings tab then on Advanced,
> on this next screen you should have a tab with the name
> of your card on it, click on this and it will bring up
> your card properties, choose troubleshooting (on the
> left) then un-check the box saying "Display the Nvidia
> settings icon in the taskber". this should remove it
> without uninstalling anything.

Mike

Splendid

"Mary H." <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
> I just installed a GeForce2 MX MX 400. The installation automatically
> produced "NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager" in my system tray.
>
> I can click on it and click "Exit" which will remove it, only to have it
> return when I reboot. I have tried "Always Hide" under Custom
Notifications
> which has no effect. Under "Add and Remove Programs" I see NVIDAI Display
> Driver but am afraid to remove it for fear of losing all video.
>
> Please tell me how to remove only NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager from my
> system tray.
>
> Thank you.

Open up the NVidia manager from the system tray and look for an option to
remove from ther system tray..

Right click on the desktop, properties,settings,
advanced, tab listing name of you card,
trouble shooting, uncheck display Nvidia settings
icon in the taskbar.
This worked for me in the latest driver 56.72
hopefully it should work for you.