NF7 Revision

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 1, 2004 11:29:59 AM

Can anyone tell me what the difference between revisions 1.x and 2.0 of the
boards. All I can tell from the website is that rev. 2.0 requires a
different BIOS. Why? Also, the NF7 has the Nforce II 400 Ultra chip with
dual channel DDR right? Thanks

More about : nf7 revision

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 2, 2004 3:03:30 AM

>Can anyone tell me what the difference between revisions 1.x and 2.0 of the
>boards

The chipset is different on the 2.0 version and it offically supports a 200
fsb. The other versions might not run a 200 fsb with the different chipset.

>Also, the NF7 has the Nforce II 400 Ultra chip with
>dual channel DDR right?

That's correct. All revisions support dual channel DDR. Only the Rev 2.0 has
the 400 Ultra chipset.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 11:25:09 AM

In news:alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, private1964@aol.com
(PRIVATE1964) posted on 01 Apr 2004 23:03:30 GMT:

> That's correct. All revisions support dual channel DDR. Only the Rev 2.0 has
> the 400 Ultra chipset.

I'd add that to get full benefit from PC3200 DDR400 memory, you'd need to
have an Athlon XP 3200 MHz CPU. I have an Athlon T-Bird 1333 so my
DDR400 memory only runs at 266, but it's still dual channel. :-)
!