NF7 Revision

Can anyone tell me what the difference between revisions 1.x and 2.0 of the
boards. All I can tell from the website is that rev. 2.0 requires a
different BIOS. Why? Also, the NF7 has the Nforce II 400 Ultra chip with
dual channel DDR right? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about revision

    >Can anyone tell me what the difference between revisions 1.x and 2.0 of the
    >boards

    The chipset is different on the 2.0 version and it offically supports a 200
    fsb. The other versions might not run a 200 fsb with the different chipset.

    >Also, the NF7 has the Nforce II 400 Ultra chip with
    >dual channel DDR right?

    That's correct. All revisions support dual channel DDR. Only the Rev 2.0 has
    the 400 Ultra chipset.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    In news:alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, private1964@aol.com
    (PRIVATE1964) posted on 01 Apr 2004 23:03:30 GMT:

    > That's correct. All revisions support dual channel DDR. Only the Rev 2.0 has
    > the 400 Ultra chipset.

    I'd add that to get full benefit from PC3200 DDR400 memory, you'd need to
    have an Athlon XP 3200 MHz CPU. I have an Athlon T-Bird 1333 so my
    DDR400 memory only runs at 266, but it's still dual channel. :-)

Dual Channel Motherboards