dual socket 8 board resource conflict

I am just having problems with this board, I noticed now that the fdc is
sharing resources 3f7 with motherboard resources. first thought it was a
network that was installed. with it the sound was choppy with out it
sound is fine. this is in winxp-winnt4, have tried it with win98 and
thats fine no conflict. i cant seem to change the fdc resources address.
was wondering if i could edit the bios then flash it? the cpus are 2
overdrives 333 pentII. 440fx chipset. this is an AMI bios but there is
an Award bios that works for it and it fixes that problem but gives me 2
others i cant live with one: with the award bios pci slot 4 does not
work and 2 usb does not work (xp caplains about not enough info in bios
to start).also the award say its only mps 1.1 and the ami is mps 1.4 is
that a big difference?

Spajky

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:21:32 -0500, mmmm <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I am just having problems with this board, I noticed now that the fdc is
>sharing resources 3f7 with motherboard resources. first thought it was a
> network that was installed. with it the sound was choppy with out it
>sound is fine. this is in winxp-winnt4, have tried it with win98 and
>thats fine no conflict. i cant seem to change the fdc resources address.

reinstall after bios change:
disable eventual ACPI (use APM)
disable all stuff there you do not need,
enable: plug&play OS: No !

-- Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##