EXTERNAL DVD WRITER

I HAVE INSTALLED A EXTERNAL DVD WRITER ON TO MY XP AND WHEN I COPY A DISC THE COPIED DISK FREEZES ABUOT 3 MINS FROM THE END CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS WHY PLEAS E HELP
1 answer Last reply
More about external writer

    Check with the manufacturer of your dvd writer. I know several people that
    have had similar problems and have had to update the firmware on their dvd
    burner.
    If you go to their web site they will have downloads for the latest
    firmware. Follow instructions carefully because if you mess up you can make
    the dvd writer unusable. (It is equivalent to flashing a bios on a
    motherboard).
    "CHRIS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I HAVE INSTALLED A EXTERNAL DVD WRITER ON TO MY XP AND WHEN I COPY A DISC
    THE COPIED DISK FREEZES ABUOT 3 MINS FROM THE END CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY
    IDEAS WHY PLEAS E HELP

Hardware DVD Writers Microsoft Windows XP