Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I HAVE INSTALLED A EXTERNAL DVD WRITER ON TO MY XP AND WHEN I COPY A DISC THE COPIED DISK FREEZES ABUOT 3 MINS FROM THE END CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS WHY PLEAS E HELP

kawipoo

Check with the manufacturer of your dvd writer. I know several people that
have had similar problems and have had to update the firmware on their dvd
burner.
If you go to their web site they will have downloads for the latest
firmware. Follow instructions carefully because if you mess up you can make
the dvd writer unusable. (It is equivalent to flashing a bios on a
motherboard).