Closed Solved

Belkin Wireless Card F5D7000 vs Windwos 7 64bit Ultimate

Hey everyone,

Got donated a wirless card for my home system as my PC is to far from the router now for a cable really.

Card: Belkin Wireless G (F5D7000 v6000) card (pci)
OS: Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate edition.

I popd the card in, booted up and win 7 knowing there are not realsed win 7 drivers from Belkin, then windows was all wtf is this and failed installing a driver at all, i selected from a list what it was and then listed the drivers, but nothing from Belkin was present, theres a few people on various sites saying to do this:

# For manufacturer select "Atheros Communications Inc." exactly.
# For device select "Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card" exactly.


But that gave me a start error: '10', Device failed to start. as it apears that works for v5 of the card, not version 6 onwards prehaps?

I then pluged the ethernet cable into my computer as i needed to get some work done, this then caused windows udpate to find some Belkin drivers for me that are compatable, it instaleld them and the card seemd to be ok.. it apears now in the list of avalible network adapters along with the 2 ports on the motehrbaord for cable conection, but its constantly disabeld.

Right clicekd and tried to enable, it said it does but dosnt actualy turn on :S

Anyone got this card running on windows 7 64bit or have any advice?

Cheers
Tizz.
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about belkin wireless card f5d7000 windwos 64bit ultimate
  1. tizz said:
    Anyone got this card running on windows 7 64bit or have any advice?

    Hello tizz;
    You didnt mention the make and model of Wireless Card in your topic. How would a Belkin Wireless G F5D7000 owner know to look in this thread?

    Have you tried the Belkin F5D7000 Vista 64bit driver ver 8xxx?
  2. Good shout, oversight by my part. I guess i find sometime when im very spercific i get lest responces, when sometimes just general knowledge can spark of an idea from myself to fix the issue, but prob best puting the card in this topic due to the nature.

    I've not tried that set yet nope, i'll deff give it a good go tonight when i'm in.

    The other thing I shall try first is trying to reboot the Wlan auto config in services to see if that alows me to enable the device, if not then i'l try that driver set!
  3. tizz said:
    but prob best puting the card in this topic due to the nature.
    Correct. You're hoping to find a Belkin F5D7000 owner who got his working under 7.

    You should be able to edit the topic title in your first post.
  4. True, but tbh it seems a lot of people have issues with win 7 + wireless cards , or at least certain manufactured ones, even reviews on ebuyer etc have people ranting
  5. UPDATE:

    None of thouse drivers work on windows 7 ultimate 64 :( This is more hastle than it should be and i'm considering dumping and geting another card ... sigh
  6. Best answer
    Get another card. In my experience, Belkin network products either don't work, or fail shortly after initial use. Perhaps that's why someone donated it to you.

    I have something similar to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166025 that I use for new-build setups, and it is always quick and easy.
    For more permanent use, I got some internal cards. The nrand is Encore, and it may be this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180052 but I think I got it on a shellshocker deal for a lot less.
  7. Thansk for the info, yeh it was donated from work, where all runing from cables there so no need for it, came from an old machine running xp, just thought as everythings been so easy with win7, that this would be ok! Never presume anything :P

    That internal card sure loves its arials! , good price, shame im UK, will look for something like that over here :) Really apricaite it.
  8. Have one of these and funny enough, if you network the pc up using a cable, windows update will provide the driver, comes in as a Dell branded device, weird!
  9. +1 for a Belkin F5D7000 owner with a solution.

    @ das_stig; Can you check the driver details so he might be able to find the download site for that driver?
  10. das_stig said:
    Have one of these and funny enough, if you network the pc up using a cable, windows update will provide the driver, comes in as a Dell branded device, weird!


    Yeh i did that! 30 mins into using the pc, it popd up with an update, installed the driver, but the card still wouldnt turn on. So it was there.. installed corectly and aparently working corectly, but it just wouldnt enable even manualy telling it too. I tried restarting the Wlan auto config in services but didnt do anything either :(

    Also you mentiond it comes in as a Dell branded device? This card acutaly came from an old Dell pc, but the drivers win7 auto installed for it after pluging in a cable came up as Belkin Wirless G dektop, nothing mentiond about Dell, maybe you got a different set than i did?

    Problem is with this card is the amount of versions out there of it, Version 6 is what i own, all the work arounds ive found are mainly for 3 and 5...
  11. I think I had the same card, and it was a freaking pain...downloaded the most appropriate driver, got it up an running, then... for some inexplicably stupid reason it would keep on dropping then re-enabling/disabling stopped working...with the wireless access repeater no more than 3 feet away...


    I took it out...not worth the hassle....

    you have to make sure you use the latest update specific to the hardware revision for your card. e.g ver 5 drivers dont work to well if the card is ver 3., etc

    I found that other revision software versions didnt work.
    if you are hell bent on doing it though, see if you can find vista drivers or install the thing in comaptability mode by right clicking belkins .exe and extracting the contents to a folder without running the setup(i used winrar).

    If you can get the railink drivers to work in place of bekling ill be impressed ( in know das_stig says its working for him/her but win7x64 really p'd me off with this card, its bringing back traumatic memories for me)

    http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30418-belkin-f5d7000-drivers-not-working.html
  12. curtis_87 said:
    I think I had the same card, and it was a freaking pain...downloaded the most appropriate driver, got it up an running, then... for some inexplicably stupid reason it would keep on dropping then re-enabling/disabling stopped working...with the wireless access repeater no more than 3 feet away...


    I took it out...not worth the hassle....

    you have to make sure you use the latest update specific to the hardware revision for your card. e.g ver 5 drivers dont work to well if the card is ver 3., etc

    I found that other revision software versions didnt work.
    if you are hell bent on doing it though, see if you can find vista drivers or install the thing in comaptability mode by right clicking belkins .exe and extracting the contents to a folder without running the setup(i used winrar).

    If you can get the railink drivers to work in place of bekling ill be impressed ( in know das_stig says its working for him/her but win7x64 really p'd me off with this card, its bringing back traumatic memories for me)

    http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30418-belkin-f5d7000-drivers-not-working.html


    I got belkin wireless G (F5d7000 ver 6000) running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, chipset is rt61, same as D-Link AirPlus G (DWL-G510) driver. After downloading driver from D-Link website and installing, configured driver manually in control panel, not sure if driver comes with windows 7 already but this driver works fine.
  13. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
  14. Best answer selected by area51reopened.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Belkin Windows 7 Product