  • Hardware
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 4, 2004 7:11:40 PM

I have a Philips DVDR824P (Philips' latest DVD+RW
recorder), and it daily and more, causes my system to
hang, or sometime restarts it.

I have all the latest XP updates and have eventually
resorted to removing the device, until I find a solution.
Who is guilty, Philips or MS ?
HELP from anywhere is appreciated.

More about : dvd causing system lockup

April 4, 2004 7:11:41 PM

Do you have a third party software installed such as roxio or nero? They
could also be causing the problem? Uninstall your burner software and see
if you continue to have the problem. If you have intel chips do you have
the accelerator driver installed, it could also be causing the problem?
Sometimes the actual problem is not apparent but the symtpoms are displayed
elsewhere. Have you also checked your event log when the system freezes to
see what is happening?.

!