DVD+RW causing system Lockup

I have a Philips DVDR824P (Philips' latest DVD+RW
recorder), and it daily and more, causes my system to
hang, or sometime restarts it.

I have all the latest XP updates and have eventually
resorted to removing the device, until I find a solution.
Who is guilty, Philips or MS ?
HELP from anywhere is appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about causing system lockup

    Do you have a third party software installed such as roxio or nero? They
    could also be causing the problem? Uninstall your burner software and see
    if you continue to have the problem. If you have intel chips do you have
    the accelerator driver installed, it could also be causing the problem?
    Sometimes the actual problem is not apparent but the symtpoms are displayed
    elsewhere. Have you also checked your event log when the system freezes to
    see what is happening?.
    "farzad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Philips DVDR824P (Philips' latest DVD+RW
    > recorder), and it daily and more, causes my system to
    > hang, or sometime restarts it.
    >
    > I have all the latest XP updates and have eventually
    > resorted to removing the device, until I find a solution.
    > Who is guilty, Philips or MS ?
    > HELP from anywhere is appreciated.

Philips Hardware Microsoft Windows XP