Hard drive broken.

I just recently converted an empty FAT drive (D:) to NTFS.
After the conversion, I found that a few bad sectors had
formed, but all but 1kb were replaced by NTFS.
After running CHKDSK one more time, on startup my BIOS
returns an error message:
Operating System not found.

I cannot even access the drive using FDISK. FDISK returns
another message,
Cannot access drive 1.

Can anyone please help me how I can solve this problem?

"miffy900" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just recently converted an empty FAT drive (D:) to NTFS.
> After the conversion, I found that a few bad sectors had
> formed, but all but 1kb were replaced by NTFS.
> After running CHKDSK one more time, on startup my BIOS
> returns an error message:
> Operating System not found.
>
> I cannot even access the drive using FDISK. FDISK returns
> another message,
> Cannot access drive 1.
>
> Can anyone please help me how I can solve this problem?

Download and run the disk diagnostic program that your
hard disk manufacturer makes available on his home site.