Abit IS7-E Failure

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 4, 2004 12:21:54 AM

Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.

After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.

Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.

I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
this error.

I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
this problem.

Thanks.
--
Best wishes

Rob

NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.

e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk

More about : abit is7 failure

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2004 6:50:43 AM

Usually one long beeb is a memory error, but you might also want to swap out
your video card.

-Dylan

Abit NF7 v2
XP 2600+ Mobile @ 2.5 (166*15@1.75v)
2*256 PC2700 Mushkin Blue
GeForce3 Ti200

"Rob" <"Rob (news)"@spamfest.com> wrote in message
> Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
> CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.
>
> After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
> error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.
>
> Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
> supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.
>
> I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
> this error.
>
> I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
> this problem.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Best wishes
>
> Rob
>
> NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.
>
> e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2004 1:39:58 AM

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 20:21:54 +0100, Rob <"Rob (news)"@spamfest.com>
wrote:

>Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
>CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.
>
>After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
>error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.
>
>Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
>supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.
>
>I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
>this error.
>
>I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
>this problem.

Insufficient hardware information.

John Lewis

>Thanks.
>--
>Best wishes
>
>Rob
>
>NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.
>
>e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
April 10, 2004 8:11:44 PM

ram error usually. I had that problem when I replaced some of my ram and
had the timings still set for the old stuff. had to clear the CMOS and
start fresh to get the system to boot...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com