Abit IS7-E Failure

Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.

After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.

Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.

I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
this error.

I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
this problem.

Thanks.
--
Best wishes

Rob

NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.

e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
3 answers Last reply
More about abit failure

    Usually one long beeb is a memory error, but you might also want to swap out
    your video card.

    -Dylan

    Abit NF7 v2
    XP 2600+ Mobile @ 2.5 (166*15@1.75v)
    2*256 PC2700 Mushkin Blue
    GeForce3 Ti200

    "Rob" <"Rob (news)"@spamfest.com> wrote in message
    > Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
    > CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.
    >
    > After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
    > error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.
    >
    > Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
    > supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.
    >
    > I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
    > this error.
    >
    > I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
    > this problem.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Best wishes
    >
    > Rob
    >
    > NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.
    >
    > e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 20:21:54 +0100, Rob <"Rob (news)"@spamfest.com>
    wrote:

    >Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
    >CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.
    >
    >After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
    >error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.
    >
    >Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
    >supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.
    >
    >I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
    >this error.
    >
    >I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
    >this problem.

    Insufficient hardware information.

    John Lewis

    >Thanks.
    >--
    >Best wishes
    >
    >Rob
    >
    >NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.
    >
    >e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    ram error usually. I had that problem when I replaced some of my ram and
    had the timings still set for the old stuff. had to clear the CMOS and
    start fresh to get the system to boot...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    "Rob" <"Rob (news)"@spamfest.com> wrote in message
    > Purchased new IS7-E + Intel P4 3.0 from Dabs.com. Memory is Crucial
    > CT6464Z40BA - recommended by Crucial for this MB.
    >
    > After assembly, at first power-up, BIOS failed to start. A very long
    > error beep sounds (5 sec ?) which is repeated. There is no video output.
    >
    > Both processor and MB have been replaced with no improvement. Power
    > supply has been check and is fine. I have discharged CCMOS.
    >
    > I can find no information on Abit site, or on Internet in general, on
    > this error.
    >
    > I'd be very grateful if someone could advise on the probable source of
    > this problem.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Best wishes
    >
    > Rob
    >
    > NB you cannot auto-reply to this message by e-mail.
    >
    > e-mail: rob(at)diura(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk

Motherboards